Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic Kidney Stones

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Kuda, Jun 16, 2012.

1. So I get kidney stones... a lot. I had 2 pass this week.

I know we have plenty of experts here so I wanted to ask what types of weed I should be using and any custom tailored processing during oil making that would make it more useful for pain relief (i.e. decarbing longer). Ideally I would like to make something like canna capsules, but I don't have easy access to hash. I basically want to be fully functional or close to it from a head high perspective and really just want pain relief.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. ehhhhhhh. Thats a hard situation you've got there. I cringe everytime i hear the word kidney stones. Id probably reccomend a hybrid. With a higher percentage indica. because you want the best of both worlds so a hydbrid is probably best

3. Another this week... anyone have advice per my original post?

4. You can make capsules without hash.

5. I'm just curious, why do you have chronic kidney stones?

6. Shitty genetics? My latest CT scan shows only 3 left, which is great, great news.

I also had a condition called marching hematuria back in high school that they think contributed.

7. my dad had kidney stones I dont know if he still does, but damn did I ever feel bad for him. It was the first time I'd ever seen him in that much pain... I didn't see personally but I guess when my mom was gonna drive him to the hospital he was in so much pain that his hands were all cramped up like fingers all fucked lookin just cus it hurt so bad there was nothing he could do...
    I havent heard him talk much about em lately he probly passed em all. Sounds like your gonna pass em all pretty soon too :) it will be over after that homie..
    I wish I knew what type of weed to suggest but I really don't... just get blazed as fuck either way, its not easy to find specific weed unless youve got a medical card, or know some really legit people.
    best of luck though brah. im kinda scared I might get them sometime, cus my dad got em.. y'know..
    next bowl of hash goes out to ya kuda!

8. I also have kidney stones, been dealing with them for about 4 years now and I feel your pain! Mine are the result of having Ulcerative Colitis, or at least that is what my Gastroenterologist and Urologist have told me. Unfortunately I also have a cyst growing in one kidney so sometimes it's hard to distinguish between the stone pain and the actual cyst growing (right side). In February I had to have a Ureteroscopy to have a 3.5mm stone removed close from my left kidney that was stuck between the kidney and bladder. Luckily I was put under and was given quite a bit of morphine so the operation went rather well. According to my last CT scan I still have about 3 stones on the right side and 2 on the left, so there was not much that could be done for me besides medication for pain as well as meds that caused me to piss more frequently and help with passing the stones.

Now, as for your question, IMO if a stone is really giving you grief, no amount of cannabis will completely alleviate the pain, but if it's just a mild ache, smoking a bowl or eating a cookie is definitely the way to go! All the same I recommend a heavy Indica dominant strain during the nights as this will couch lock you and have your body buzzing enough to tolerate the pain quite a bit. As for the morning and throughout the day a hybrid that is a little more on the Indica side, something like a 60/40 mix or a 70/30 if you find you can handle the more intense body stone.

As far as edibles go, I have only managed to make them that cause a complete body high even if I was using a Sativa dominant. So I only take the edibles closer towards bedtime when I have nothing important to do, because they last so long I will get couch locked, and eventually pass out having a very restful sleep and usually still be slightly stoned when I wake up.

Hope my response helped, I apologize for the long post. I tend to ramble when trying to get to the point or answering a question. Hope you just have a kidney stone "faze" and be done with them! The next bowl goes to you!

9. I have what I thought were kidney stones, but turned out to be a congenital defect in my urinary tract, a kink that wouldn't let my kidney drain to my bladder. What this caused was a ballooning of my kidney, called hydronephrosis. If I consume too much fluid in a short period of time my kidney won't pass it and becomes painfully inflamed, usually for about 24 hours. The pain is indescribable. I haven't used cannabis to treat the pain, the only thing that will ease it, even over narcotics, is 800 mg Ibuprofen. The Doc told me I would just have to live with it......so, what's new?

10. I appreciate everyone's helpful input!

Strangely enough, Ibuprofen works way better for me as well past the initial shock of the stone hitting my ureter. I was discussing this with my urologist just yesterday as he asked if I needed any pain meds and he said it's actually pretty common.

11. If any of you have stones and have had gout, it's probably high uric acid. I had gout once and the doc told me to avoid foods high in purines. Red meat and legumes are the worst culprits, but I cut back on both and haven't had gout again.