Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic in a grinder?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RebelINS, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Do you really lose much THC from using a grinder? Or do any of you believe chron should only be broken up with your fingaz? we have a kief collector btw

2. you dont lose thc in a grinder, if by thc you mean keif then u could just put some keif in the bowl

3. Personally i use my grinder for mids and with chron i use scissors to cut it up. i find it works better with the goods than grinding it.

4. What would be the point of a grinder then? LOL

5. Grinder all the way.... if anything you will lose thc by touching the buds so much while using scissors.....

Think about it, how much kief do you really see build up and collect? not a huge setback.

Grinders are the ultimate tool imo, gain keif over time, and everyonce and a while ill Iso wash it

6. I would rather use the device that keeps all the "lost" THC in one convenient place.

7. This! Every time I break up some sticky stuff with my hands I get it all over my fingers, and end up rubbing it off onto the floor. Scissors work good too if you touch the bud with your hands as little as possible.

8. Likewise.

However, it's not like you really lose any substantial amount from using a grinder anyway. Are you seriously going to attempt to make the argument that the little bit of keif that came from a couple nugs you ground up would of made a big difference in your high? I don't think so. Grinders are what's up.

9. I use a grinder that collects the keif. Sometimes I use the keif inside a bowl, other times I use it for capsules and other purposes. Then I also use alcohol to clean the grinder and keep the collecting keif that is in the grinder.

All that was lost is gained back again.

10. i still use the grinder for mids, but i find that when i grind up chron, the bud gets a little "stringy" and when i pack my bowls with the "stringy" weed the bowls dont tend to burn well. I dont know if its just my grinder that does that or what but its just personal preference for me. Anyways i cut up the chron directly into my grinder so its still being used.

11. finger bust up like a gram of good weed and then feel your fingers, they'll be covered in kief from mashing your fingers with the nugs, same goes with using scissors, so yes use a buster, and if you want to you could also just dump some of the kief from the collector into your pile of busted weed.

12. i grew up smoking mexican swag and the ocasional kb, only recently i started smoking hrdro more often and when i do i use little nail scissors to cut it up, i try to touch it as little as possible or hold it by the steam, ive learned that when u touch the buds the crystals sitck 2 u and it wont taist as good.

13. grinders are made to SAVE kief, not lose it. breaking shit up with your fingers loses kief everytime.

14. Grinders are such a good investment. You have some kief to look forward to during a dry spell.

15. Hahaha, you have the opposite of my logic. I only use my grinder for the dankatron, I break up mids by hand

16. THC absorbs into your skin very quickly so breaking it up with your hands isn't a good idea. grinder is the best way to go:cool:

17. grinders are great!! they dont loose you any kief at all. in fact they are great tools to use to SAVE kief. when you break up weed with your hands you defintally loose some of your kief.. not a lot.. but some is defintally lost forever to your fingers. scissors in a cup .. well that is the same thing. The scissors will have THC crystals on them and so will the bottom of the cup. when you use a grinder the buds are ground finely and all the kief is screened through to the collector. thier for none of it is "lost" but rather saved. sure at times i realize that some of the kief gets stuck in the griders nooks and cranies but just simply use a paper clip or knife to scrape it all out. As said before you can also drop your grinder in some iso and make hash. if you buy a grinder dont go cheap though. get a sharpstone or space case or other reliable name brand.

18. That just sounds like bad, stringy weed to begin with.

19. no, as i said i was talking about chron. it is my grinder that makes it stringy after i grind it, its not stringy weed.

20. The problem here sounds like your chron is wet. I've found with dank weeds that if they are not dried and/or cured properly than a grinder will break them into "stringy" weed that tends to not fall through the grinder. If this is the case, cure your buds a little bit or search how to dry buds i.e. piece of paper towel in your jar or something.

As for grinders, I'll break mids up with my hands because I'm not too concerned about the THC content in bud that's essentially been bricked and certainly has been mishandled. "Chron" always goes through a grinder because that dank keef is something I'm not willing to lose.