Christmas present for myself

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by mustangfan65, Dec 26, 2013.

1. I just got some spending money for Christmas, so I thought I would get myself something, I was looking at a Slinger piece, I think they're beautiful, but I found many other nice water pieces for the same price range. So, I guess my question is, is it worth getting something if I can appreciate the art, it would be my fifth piece and by far more valuable than rest of collection, or should I get a nice water pipe, I only own dry pipes at the moment.

2. Man if you only own dry pipes, I recommend a bong. Highly.

I have an alright one, but I plan on dropping $350-$400 on a new one here soon.  

3. I know exactly what you mean, but I'm torn because I found an amazing hammer style bowl with TUPAC on it, it is beautiful, but I can only afford one new piece $50-$250 and it is $225, are there any exceptional bongs for that much?

4. #4 ThuggishReefer, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
    I saw Bent Glass Commanche SR2, i think?, and it was sick. The price was around 270 but the piece looked bomb. 

5. ok, but I don't know much about water pieces, is bent a good brand, and are there things durable, the reason I'm wanting a new piece is that my last nice spoon broke from being set down too hard... not like hard at all though, just weak glass, also I found the bent glass commache for $269 so it sounds good to me, but it is over a foot tall, and I don't have places to put large pieces, so would it be better than a slinger piece? they are both great looking.

6. I also found a snic sherlock for $300 so I may break my budget for that, I will post pics of the pipes I'm thinking of and ya'll can help me
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. #7 ThuggishReefer, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
    Meh, i wrap my bubbler in some airbubble paper and put'er in a box. My parents have been staring at the box for 7 months and haven't noticed shit yet. I saw a review on that bong and it stated that the bong was not too big and well made with thick glass. Altrough i fancy the bong i'm no bong expert and take everything i say with a grain of salt.

Edit: I'd def go with a bong instead of a sherlock unless you have no options of stashing a bong anywhere. The water filtration makes smoking a bit smoother and you get pretty high with a bong, specially one with percs and shit, yoooo :p

Haha, soo baked. 

8. ok, well i know pipes so i will probably stick with those then, but which one of those do you think is cooler?

9. Thuggish, I know exactly what you're saying, I just don't think I know enough about bongs to find a good one for myself, if I can get some good suggestions I would definatly look into it though.

10. i bought a bong the other day. its not any brand name stuff or anything but it is thick glass, 4 arm tree perc, ice notches and an ash catcher for 165$. She milks beautifully. i would definitely reccomend a bong. much better and less harsh than any dry piece i have owned