Christmas just isn't as exciting as it used to be

Discussion in 'General' started by Hypnocrite, Dec 25, 2011.

1. So is it just me... or does it seem as we get older, christmas' allure seems to diminish? I mean i still love this holiday and seeing my family and all that, but I remember literally pissing my pants over santa coming to my house every year. Ever since i found out the truth behind the presents, I just haven't really gotten into the christmas spirit again. I remember my mom telling me and I cried and stayed home from school that day. Yeah, I took it seriously and it crushed my heart that billions of parents lie to their children for "Christmas Spirit."

I loved the idea of a fat jolly old dude traveling the world giving kids presents in ONE night. How i thought that was plausible, i have no idea... But every year after thanksgiving, I would count down the days until christmas, but now idk it's just not as appealing to me anymore. I would be so apprehensive for Santa to come and i couldn't wait for the morning to open presents. Like I would stay up all night trying to listen to santa's footsteps on my roof. Now, I'm just like "Oh, christmas is really tomorrow?" Like the thoughts of holidays are just in the back of my mind now.

And yeah like I said christmas doesn't get me as pumped up as it used to. I mean I have to buy presents, wrap, spend a lot of money and time. I feel I'm too old to celebrate x-mas, like it's a child's holiday... and I'm an adult now. I think everything in life gets progressively more boring as you grow older cause you have responsibilities and shit. Children are oblivious to logic and are so gullible. Anything and everything is possible to them. Why? Fuck if i know, but I wanna be a care-free kid again.

My uncle brought his 3 year old son to our house for christmas and I'm so envious.. He's so innocent and fun-loving. sometimes I wish I aged like Benjamin Button. But alas... Sucky adulthood is here and our childhood is never gonna happen to us again :(

2. The older I got, the less significant it became. But I'm sure when I have my own family, it'll bring back those Christmas vibes.

3. Blame capitalism.

It used to be awesome! Til corporations found out they could earn billions by exploiting it.

4. If I didn't have to deal with it all starting the day after thanksgiving I'd like it a lot more.

5. #5 Kurdt Cobain, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    When I was a Kid it was very much something I felt guilt about because I knew from a young age that santa didn't exist (much like god) and just acted like I believed in santa to please my family.

The fact that my parents would have to ut up this act and buy parents from their name and buy expensive shit from the Santa label made me feel like an asshole because I couldn't tell them "THANK YOU,YOU SACRIFICED SO MUCH FOR ME." It was always "I guess Santa thought you were a good boy" and that tore me apart.I always got more nervous and critical when the holiday came year after year.

I didn't even want presents.I wasn't a dumb ass kid who wanted material objects,I just said yes to what they suggested since I figured that meant it was something they could afford without busting their balls.

This year Im living at home with my parents who are fighting tooth and nail who want to divorce and we didn't decorate (which we havn't for years and I love it) besides one small multi colored LED ceramic green tree.

No one has bought anyone anything since we're all broke.My family has been hanging together with strings for a few years since no one really loves anyone.For years my sister was the scapegoat but in fairness she was an asshole just as much.They're talking shit about each other but Im wondering if I'm gonna be blamed for my depression and drug addiction I've almost overcame soon.

As if I don't contribute.Which I didn't for a few years prior but now I have to be each's personal therapist,make each of their problems my own.Tell them I don't hate them nearly every hour.Cook for my father,organize my Mom's medicine knowing I have access to bottles of so many nice drugs to abuse and relapse into.Have to do unmentionable things to make extra money (not sexual you dirty minds loll)

The government has to support us fuckin leeches because they each have disability's and are telling me to file for social security in my 20's.I will not do this,Id love to,but I will never give up,and If I do,it's via pistol to the brain after an overdose.

Merry Christmas

Sorry,I had to rant
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LFVQpDKHk4]Nirvana - All Apologies - YouTube[/ame]
    ^Song I want played at my funeral ha.Along with Layne Staley and a few others that were in my shoes.

Anyway,for me...Christmas was never good for me in heart.It always was either bittersweet or just a time when I did a lot of drugs to numb emotion

6. I've been feeling the same way. The excitement is gone completely.
    It's not bad though.. I still love being with my family and I love seeing my relatives, its just lost the magic it once had.
    Plus it's expensive and a lot of work. But I don't really mind that part. I despise how commercial it's become but I have no problem with exchanging meaningful gifts with loved ones.

7. over crowded malls of people bashing n hurting each other for presents kinda struck me as fucked up yea people in africa hurt each other when food aid comes but srsly over 360s that are marked down a few percent wtf im with u on this op x mas sucks as we get older until u have ur own kid i love going see my female friends n the joy i see when they're kids open presents \

i miss my son : (

8. christmas could disappear for me and i wouldnt give a fuck!

9. Never cared for it, don't celebrate holidays in general anyway...Aside from the ones I can get ridiculously fucked up for little to nothing, those holidays are alright.:cool:

10. I have no money, and I don't know who all got me gifts... and I didn't get anyone anything. I'm donating anything I get to charity, I think (unless a friend gets me a bong or some weed... then I'll just buy them something I guess lol).

11. Apparently they don't teach Christmas in elementary school anymore. I mean what the fuck? Those were the best times of elementary, making gingerbread houses and shit.

12. idk i will be happy to see the family , eat food, get some stuff.maybe im just in a good mood today. but most years yeah its usually just "meh"

13. Its just another day for me. Theres soo much drama, BS, and family divide that
    we haven't put up a christmas tree in over 10 years.:(

14. It's called getting older. Christmas is sort of just another day for me but I love the conventions of the holidays.

15. Same here, I think the reason that its not as exciting is because we have other shit to worry about now (school, work, bills, social BS)

16. Opening presents when I was a kid was great but now christmas just feels greedy. I don't really ask for anything anymore

I'll only have like 2 presents in the morning and that's cool with me

Everyone else will have $$$$ in presents

I'm ready to get back to real life

:)

17. i love how you think you know there is no God. no one needs to hear your stupid remark! beat it

18. [quote name='"SWAGGERJACKER"']

i love how you think you know there is no God. no one needs to hear your stupid remark! beat it[/quote]
    not everyone has to believe in what you believe.

19. I don't really get much for Christmas anymore, so I have more fun looking for gifts to give to my family than the anticipation of opening up a pack of socks or whatever bland gifts I get now. I see Christmas as a second Thanksgiving more than anything.