Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Kingmvp420, Oct 22, 2014.

1. What are yall's thought on being Christian and smoking ganj, far too often I hear people say you can't be Christian if you toke, but I think they're wrong and it pisses me off.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. They are wrong. It would be like saying you aren't a Christian if you take a drug prescribed by your doctor or even take some Tylenol to get rid of a head ache. In a "drug" sense, THC and the other canibinoids especially CBD have incredible natural medicinal properties. I prefer, personally, to use high CBD, low THC strains since the psychoactive effects of high THC tend to distract me but all in all it is good natural medicine. When you consider that our bodies are filled with natural cannibal receptors, it seems to me like a no brainer. Like anything, moderation of the THC is important but if you use it it doesn't mean you can't have a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. For me personally, I believe that it is Him that we should focus on constantly...seek His face always. By learning to understand His character, we are eternally blessed with such a wonderful relationship with and in Him.

3. Not a Christian myself, not anymore at least, but I used to be. Tell them to piss off. Yes, they can find a line or maybe a few they think supports their claims, but so can you. The lines they seem to miss though tend to involve not judging lest they be judged, casting the first stone, and others of the sort. Seems to me that for people claiming to be "Christians" too many of the closed minded arguments are very old testament and very much ignoring the words they credit to Jesus himself.

That's not unusual though, for example the conflict between many of our so called conservative Christians and Matthew 25, specifically verses 31 through 46. If they acted more like him I'd probably be more tolerant of them myself. The ones who do try to live up to it I've got no problem with.

4. I am a Christian and smoke daily. I don't see how it is against God unless it becomes more [SIZE=18.6666660308838px]important[/SIZE] to you than God.

5. If jesus didnt smoke weed in his time i'd be very surprised :smoke:

6. #6 iAmBetty, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
    I don't rememer what I think. I'll check last weeks thread

7. No one is perfect dude Christian or not Christian ;-)

8. I'm not Christian but I love religion! how could your God deny you marijuana? If it weren't for laws, marijuana would just be another plant we live alongside

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

9. Rip one for Jesus!

10. Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Psalms 104:14-15 - He causeth the grass to grow for cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine [that] maketh glad the heart of man, [and] oil to make [his] face to shine, and bread [which] strengheneth man's heart.

The Bible can be interpreted to mean just about anything that anyone wants.  It contradicts itself often.

The Bible was not written by a God.  Like everything else that humans do, it is flawed in its message.

11. I hear the same thing all the time, but notice how its all people who drink and all that. They just want to make themselves seem more holy. The only way it could be considered sacrireligous is if you put it on a pedi stool above God. I myself am a Christian and I know what you mean

12. Christinsanity*

13. 🔥

Attached Files:

14. I'm pretty sure the only real requirement is believing in/following Jesus. The other stuff is important, but doesn't determine whether or not you're a Christian.

God isn't cool with getting intoxicated in general and I doubt he's making an exception for the herb. Is it gonna be the line between heaven and hell for an otherwise good Christian? No.

15. current society is the only reason why you feel the way you do. 60-70 years ago it wasn't a problem.  The bible states that we are going to sin no matter what. as you pray and grow spiritually then you will either toke on or it will weigh too heavy on your conscience.  I think about from time to time and it boils down to the negative things about smoking come from indoctrined "reefer madness" thats been passed down to my parents who passed it down to me

16. There is no Christian. Be true to yourself and others and have no fear and be compassionate and live in the love of god. Then all your actions will be good and you will see goodness and walk on that path.