christianity dumb

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by huntr, Aug 7, 2011.

1. You have no choice but to follow the laws the government has put in place. This would be the case with or without religion.

You have a choice whether or not you want to follow God.

2. most of us break the governments laws everyday.......:eek:

3. and you're forced to take precautions so you dont get caught.

4. He's alluding to the fact that we are not obligated by law to follow God, we have the choice. In the country I live in, we are obligated to obey the government whether we agree with the laws or not. We can certainly break these laws which leads to punishment, but we are obligated as American citizens to obey them. I'm not sure if I agree with his point entirely though

5. :rolleyes: Trollo Dolo..."cant be trusted" :laughing:

6. and i was alluding to the fact that just cus the government tells you that you must follow these rules or be punished.....doesnt stop people from breaking them....and getting away with it everyday.....;):smoke:

including most of us here on this site.....:eek:;):smoke:

i never signed up for any obligations?
    what the hell has the government done for me?

nope i still dont care about their rules....at all......

7. I know. Your post made me feel like you didn't know where he was going with that, my bad.

You didn't sign up for it no, but no one born in this country did. Everyone is unwillingly subjected to this form of obligation no matter where they live.
    Well, I can't really say what the government has and hasn't done for you. I can only speak for myself, but I can tell you it's a lot better than living in other countries ran by more corrupt governments for real. I think you're digressing from the point Kush was trying to make though

8. I dont think you're getting my point.

If you get caught you will be forced to pay a fine/go to jail regardless of what you think.

You are also forced to take precautions when breaking the law.

9. i know right where he was going......;)
    just happen to see it a bit differently.....
    in my eyes government control is an illusion....
    (same as religious control-it only works on those who believe in what they are told)
    the only rules anyone follows are the ones they choose to follow....
    regardless of who is attempting to enforce them....
    be it government or religion.....
    regardless of what threat they use to try and hold you to their law.....
    people will be people...and the rules ....all of them -will continue to be broken ...again and again.....

i accept no obligation.....not everyone is subjected to it......
    know the rules well enough to successfully get around them and live out side that mess!
    i know that is what they tell us .......but i also know that just cus "they" say so doent make it true.....i would have to spend some time in other countries before i could form a solid opinion on that one.....
    but so far...they havent helped me out at all....

-more then likely...i tend to wonder....;):smoke:

10. dont get caught......:wave:

know the laws well enough to break them without being noticed;):smoke:

who here is has stopped smoking weed...just cus they gave a shit about the
    noone cares about that at all....they all keep right on breaking the same laws....."regardless of what you think."

the point you keep missing is that noone gives a shit.........no matter what they say.....they continue to break the rules.....

yes ...if you get caught...you may have to pay the price......and everyone says....sfw!?
    so fucking what....and keeps right on doing what they want anyway.....

the point is....that fact that laws and punishments exist.......dose not stop anyone !

i see what you are saying....
    i have seen it quite clearly from the beginning....
    and i still dont agree with you at all.....;):smoke:

11. You are entitled to believe this bro, I just see it differently I guess.
    We're all subjected to it as soon as we are born. We immediately become obligated to the country until we leave. Okay, well all I can say is you should visit some 3rd world countries bro. They are oppressed and have significantly less freedom than we have here. Don't take my word for it, go see for yourself!

12. How can you say its an illusion when you're behind bars? I really dont think you are understanding my point.

13. i dont think you can see anything but your own point.....:eek:;):smoke:

i see quite clearly what you are saying....and i disagree.....

find yourself behind bars....and you were not using your head enough when breaking the rules.....

you do smoke pot right?
    then you are breaking the law.....
    now if you have a skript and live in a state where that is cool....then you are still breaking federal laws....
    and (again same if as above)you were breaking those laws before the med laws were passed and you had said skrpit.....

and btw- just cus the system is supposed to work a certain way ....does not mean that it does so.....
    there are far more people breaking the law and getting away with it every day then there are being caught and punished

you can say all day that there are rules and consequences....
    and i will still continue to break those rules....
    and i am far from the only one.....

14. well yeah.....;):smoke:

they tell you that you are obligated....it isnt true unless you believe it....

and i would love to go and see for myself!!!!!!
    when the opportunity comes i will take it!
    and i dont believe id be coming back again.....
    but i could be wrong?

15. It isn't true until you get caught. When I say you are obligated, I mean you are expected to obey the laws the government has set in place.

16. #56 dirtydingusus, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011

expected....by the people who made the laws.....

and this does not change the fact that all of those laws are regularly broken.....
    no amount of inferred obligation makes people obey.....

no amount of punishment makes people obey....

do you not break the law yourself?

(btw-getting caught doesnt always mean shit-depends on the situation...often times one can still "get away with it" after being caught-happens everyday)

ps- the government doesnt even follow the rules they expect us to follow:eek:

17. Lets not make overgeneralized statements, now. Punishment within reason? Perhaps. But how does one determine what is reasonable to all? I say fuck government, abolish it.

18. over generalize?really?

come on guys.....

no amount of punishment that has been come up with so far ....stops people from breaking the laws....

if this wasnt true.......
    then why would people be getting arrested every day?

if this punishment worked....why do the same people get arrested over and over for the same shit.....

and again......

do you yourself not break any laws/rules? still havent answered that one yet?

19. The point is that it EFFECTS the way you live. You have to take precautions and not be noticed when breaking the law.

And I dont think the people who get sentenced to years in jail are saying "so fucking what"...

The fear of going to jail/paying fines prevents many people from breaking the law.

20. says who? i walk down the road smoking a blunt on a regular basis....not hiding a thing.....?
    people speed down the road well over the limit...all day long.....(usually everyone on the road!)
    it only effects you as much as you let it.....
    they (those who make the rules) want you to believe that you have no choice...when in fact you do......

maybe not at the time....but when they get out....many of them are right back to what got them put there to begin with in no time at all......breaking those rules/laws!

the system is a joke....and it does not work....
    rules/laws will always be broken...everyday!

only those who chose to let these things rule them.....most who consider themselves "law abiding" still break laws.....even if it is simply going over the speed limit.....

the fact that the laws are in place only means....you have to watch out when people are looking.....

again....you still havent answered....

do you not ever break any laws/rules yourself?