Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chopping up your bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by razonx, Aug 17, 2009.

1. hey all, what do you guys prefer? really ground up or coarse bud?? any difference on how finely its chopped up??

2. I like grinding up by bud very fine. More surface area = more weed to burn. I think it buns faster and easier too.

3. I like it really fine most of the time. It makes it easier for rolling and it cherries nice in a pipe so you don't have to re-light all the time.

4. I'll just say that buying a grinder was the best decision of my life.

5. grinder's reduce potency. A knife is always the best, and tbh, fine ground bud makes it burn faster, which means more THC gets destoryed.

Grinder's are very overrated imo. I would never use a grinder, always a knife. It makes the best "cuts" of weed that burn perfectly.

P.S: I know nobody will agree with me, as everyone falls under the misconception about grinders. You have to think facts.

6. The main reason I use a grinder is for the kief. And if you try to argue with that, you're just wrong.

7. you should probably learn some better decision making ;)

8. #8 tjviperjr, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
    This^

best 20 bux ive ever spent
    love ground up bud and its just so damn quik with the grinder

burns nice and evenly and i dont have to keep using the lighter

9. You're an angst-y mother fucker, aren't you?

All I've seen you do is post quite negative shit. Although, I do agree with you partially on the knife point.

On topic: I enjoy a mix. My bowls usually progressively get finer towards the top. Start off with a nug to plug the hole, followed by more nugs, then a little finer shit, then shake.

I got it down to a science.

Oh and did I mention I break all mine up by hand? I feel its the most authentic way to smoke IMHO.

10. I try to do this when I have time. But it tends to be a bit more time consuming than just throwing it all in a grinder and churning, so its not always an option.

11. Evidently you don't get yours really fine. With how fine I usually grind up it's virtually impossible to roll however if i grind to a decent coarseness then rolling is much easier.

For bongs, pipes, and especially vaporizers I grind my stuff until each piece is no larger than a grain of salt approximately. Of course there is a degree of variation

12. i pick it apart into small pieces with my fingers. it gets pretty small but nothing very fine.

it gets a little finer if and when i use my grinder, which is pretty much just whenever i'm in a hurry to twist one up and run out the door. that's about it though.

13. No, the reason they don't agree with you is because you don't know what you're talking about.

14. I don't have a grinder but I found using my thumb nail to seperate the good stuff from stems is quite efficient.

15. If you grind all the weed that you smoke, then you probably have an endless supply of bud, and I hate you for it.

16. I only grind up my bud if I'm rolling something. If I'm bowling or something I break it up by hand or knife, just like an above poster said; larger pieces at the bottom to plug the hole, smaller pieces to fill it up, and I dump the chaife and whatever happens to be in my grinder on top to even out the corners of the pack.

I like using my grinder though. It's a bad habit. I just love seeing the keife build up. Sometimes I will use it real heavily one week, completely fill my keife-catcher, and then the following week is a lot more fun because I just top off everything with keife, so it kind of all evens out.