Choosing the correct lighting...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Renzo, Jan 26, 2009.

1. I've enjoyed the benefits of marijuana for several years now but recently I've decided to start growing my own. I have White Widow and Trainwreck seeds coming in the mail, but for now I've germinated several Belladonna seeds and planted in Jiffy-Pots. All i have lighting them now is a measly 15 w Slyvania Gro-Lux fluorescent. I understand this light is not nearly powerful enough to substain the plants through vegging. I'm planning on getting a new light within the next few days. This is where I REALLY need some help. I'm planning on having 10-15 plants going on a table in my bedroom. So far, I've been looking at a 600 w HPS light. Is this a good idea or is there something else I should be looking at? Please feel free to offer any advice you can think of. Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!

2. 600w sounds like a little bit of wattage considering your doing 10-15 plants. i would look into 1000w, do you plan on germ'ing 10-15 seeds selecting the females and bringing down your bunch to maybe 4-10 plants or did you specifically order feminized seeds???

as far as lighting goes, are you only using a HPS setup or are you mixing MH in there as well????

your right about that 15w, its crap, scrap it and get yourself some 40watt (actual wattage) cfls daylight 6500k bulbs in the mean time at least till you get your real deal light set up figured out.

be well and safe growing

Bp:cool:

3. Thanks for the fast reply!

I didn't order feminized seeds so most likely I'll just have 4-10 plants. Will 660w cover that or should I still look at 1000w?

I know there is more advanced methods, but HPS will work for all stages including vegetation, correct?