Choosing Strains for Next Year

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Primo832641, Jul 1, 2007.

1. I know it's early but I'm having good luck this year on my first grow (mexican brick), and I'm looking at strains for next years grow. It will be outdoors, I'm looking for 4 different strains to try (2 that sound cool and 2 that are jsut dank and high in THC levels)
    So far I'm thinking about these, if you have tried these or have suggestions of others just let me know thanks!

Blueberry (does it really taste like blueberry?)

Strawberry Cough (same question)

Twilight/Purple Tops/ect. (I want a Purple Phenotype that is also high in THC, suggestions?)

and then for just some dank-ass bud I'm thinking

Ak-47

White Widow

Ice-cream

Oh yeah Big Yeilds are also a plus, But i can only choose 4 so I want them to be the right 4.
    Thanks

2. Why not look into the Haze family's.....Look up and read a little on Super silver haze or silver haze. They are good for outside since they are mostly sativa's and make EXCELLENT strong medicinal quality smoke. The quantity they produce is very healthy also. They are very strong plants that resist alot of disiese's . They are a finicky plant and need to be watched closely because the first 3-4 weeks with them are a nightmare(at least for me). If you get them past about 3-4 weeks in veg stage you are smooth sailing.

As for your blueberry you are considering I have ALWAYS heard they are a bitch to grow and have some really wierd traits.I never smoke Blueberry nor grew it.As for the strawberry I heard it has a sour taste and a strawberry aftertaste but is really easy to grow.And for the purple stuff...you gotta do your research cause I dont mess with it at all. I always heard great things from ak-47 and for White widow's I suggest you grow a White rhino because it sounds like more of what you are after. The Ice cream is a good strain as I have it in the ground right now BUT I personally dont like the company it comes from due to haveing lots n lots of failed germination from their seeds.

Another strain that would be GREAT for you is a straight 100% Northern Lights. It has got to be the fastest growing plant I have seen, Puts off a large amout of bud and is Really strong. It is amature friendly and happily accepts your mistakes-for so long...lol It is a short plant and it doesnt get too tall so you can grow inside or out... I dont think you can miss with a NL plant. I think NL Made the deffinition of Cannibas but I am sure others have their oppinions.

Good luck.

Good luck

3. Man, I grew some of Dutch Passion's Twilight and I will never grow it again. It does not like any nutes first off. None. And when it does want some, it is very finiky. Why not try some Durban Poison? There are tons of purple pheno strains. Also, I am not a fan of 100% indica strains. GL man and just browse through www.drchronic.com and see what they have. Purple White Widdow looks tastey as all hell too.