Choo Choo

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Dizzy, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Anybody Ever Take A Long Ride Ina Train Before In There Life? I Did Back When I Was Pregnant With My First Daughter Years Ago Me An My Husband Went From Chicago Illinois To Phoenix Arizona An Stay There For A Month With My Cousin An Then Come Back The Same Way. It Wasa Fun Interesting Times. Some Unique People On There Too Lol.

~Toni~

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Nobody Ever Ride A Train Before?

~Toni~

3. #3 Jörmungandr, Aug 29, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    A compendium of train appreciation posts
    TikTok

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. We have some very nice train rides here in Norway. A lot of nature can be seen while taking them. One of them has an extremely steep and long hill surrounded by deep fjords.

I would like to try the mag lev trains. I think those are in Japan, china and maybe france.

It is high speed magnetic levitation trains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Is That Those Trains That Go Like 200 MPH? Really Fast.

~Toni~

6. 250 mph and 50 mph in urban wiki says

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Sure. Across Japan, China, Thailand, India, all over western Europe. Second, third, fourth class. Sleepers, second seating, open air. Travelling by train is fantastic. Unless you're trying to get to the next city over in the UK and it's started to rain.

Sleeper class in India is an experience. The people, the smell, the sounds. A total assault on the senses and, while miserable at times, talk about memorable.

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. Wow You Been To Alotta Places Ona Train Huh :) That's Cool. What Do You Mean By Sleeper Class Tho? Im Jelly That You Been To Japan TBH.:unsure::p

~Toni~

9. Second sleeper is with beds on the train, non-air conditioned, and no privacy screens with open (barred) windows.

The next level up is air-conditioned. Followed by air-con with privacy. Followed by private cabins.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Great Pics BNW! Thank You For Sharing! :D

Ohh Thanks For The Info! If I Ever Go Ona Train Again Ima Have Private Cabins.

~Toni~

11. Train travel India circa 1943??? According to Dad. A US GI traveling thru India, > Burma, over "the hump" > China.
    Women trying to sell their babies, crushing poverty. 1st nite he "fell asleep" with his 45 in hand under his head, that is the ONLY thing he woke up with. Rifle,boots,uniform down to eyeglasses & toothbrush GONE. Hard to conceal a 45 in your tightie whities.

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. I've taken the train from Andermatt to Saint-Maurice a few times.
    And the train from Saint-Maurice to Andermatt a few times.

• Creative Creative x 1