Chlorosis in older leaves followed by necrosis

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by H3mp-16, May 3, 2011.

1. It has been a while since I've had to post a sick plant problem, but this time im getting my ass kicked.

I can't find my camera, so until I do I will paint a picture with words

The plants are young, under 3 inches tall. I have added dolomite lime to the top of the soil a week ago to control pH.

Now they are going into what apears to be a nitrogen deficiency. Only problem is that when I fertilize the damage slows to a halt, they have a slight growthsburg, and then they resume the yellowing within 2 or 3 days. I'm using a light nutrient mix of MG 7-7-7 mixed in the water.

Now they are becoming necrotic in the older leaves. It is effecting most of my plants (about 85%). My pH tester is telling me 6.9 pH, with too little fertilizer (yeah it does that dumbass fertility test). But as of late the chlorosis is hardely even slowing down when I fertilize.

Im thinking of doing a flush on all of my plants, but I dont know if it's too much fertilizer causing salt toxicity or if its a legitimate nitrogen def. Maybe I should be increasing fertilizer, i have no idea.

I will die if I have to restart my grow again, please help.

2. Hi.

Theres a few things goin on here...

First - get that Ph down to 6.3 - 6.8 -it is affecting the plants ability to feed.
    Second - The nutes u are using are not supplying enough nutrients.

MG uses timed-release-nutes. That means the nutes are released into the
    soil, very slowly, over time. Not good for weed. They want what they want
    right away, and they show it, as u can see.

Third - why would u flush an already nutrient deficient plant ???

Get the Ph in line, and get some better nutes, and everything will fall into place.

Freak
    :smoke:

3. In retrospect, Im sure the lime is Fing
    with the Ph, and it is a young plant.

Flush as u are doing then tackle my first post.

Hope this helps.

Freak

4. These aren't the time release nutrients, just regular old liquid fertilizer. After work today I will flush the plants and see how it helps.

How would the dolomite be putting the pH in a bad spot? Ive been using it as a pH buffer for years. Haven't had many problems.

5. U can see what the DL does - the ph is at 6.9
    and its affecting the plants ability to feed.

The nutes are there for it - it just cant access
    them properly becuzza the high Ph.

Freak