Chlorine

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ponsrow, Mar 27, 2011.

1. People say to let your water sit out for at least 24 hours before using it to allow the chlorine to evaporate. From my understanding chlorine is a gas at room temperature, so by letting the water warm up gradually the chlorine becomes a gas and leaves the water. If this is the case could you not just take hot water from your tap? Would the chlorine not have already evaporated in the water heater?

My second question is that i need to do a res change today but had completely forgotten to leave water out. I was thinking of taking warm water outta the tap, letting it sit for a couple hours to match room temperature, then flushing with it. I don't see it being a huge issue since the water is only in the bucket for about 5 minutes before it's drained right back out again. Do you see any issues with this?

2. i believe hot water contains different dissolved solids than cold water, not positive. if this is true, i think cold water is better.

3. I dont think the warmth of the water would be enough... boiling it would do the trick by your logic... not 100% sure if it works though. just let the water sit for a bit and pour it through a Britta filter, that's what i do.

4. I am a plumber. Yes hot water will have more dissolved material. You will have a higher calcium level. Calcium builds up in your water heater over time.