Childhood

Discussion in 'General' started by Leif, Nov 19, 2007.

1. So I was inspired to post this after reading the Myspace thread. What were your childhoods like?

I didn't start smoking until I was 16. All through high school I was one of those extremely rebellious kids always getting in trouble. My junior year I was kicked out for indecent exposure, it was hilarious. They gave me a chance to return to the high school my senior year, and I would always deliberately piss off the school security guard. That guy was an asshole. Teachers aren't supposed to hold personal grudges, they are there to prepare kids for the real world. Anyways, I chose to leave the high school on my own terms. After that I went to an alternative school, and the straight A's I hadn't seen since fifth grade came back. Before high school, I was actually more of a 'good kid'. Insane how much I changed. Now I'm just a chill pothead.

2. to describe my childhood - ignorance is bliss.

i'm still a teenager and it is very strange and mystifying experience.

3. I miss my childhood, back when I had no worries... I grew up quick, and spent most of my teenage years locked up. I've been in and out of jail numerous times, never went to high school, and now, I have a kid to look after.. I would do anything to go back to my childhood, but that's not reality, so fuck it.

4. That's rough, dude, I'm sorry.

5. My childhood was cool I guess. Now i'm a teenager, but I've done all the teenage things. Girls/weed/parties whatever. I just want to move on but I still need to finish up school and all that crap.

6. my childhood was amazing

i miss highschool, cause i was that kid in highschool who you could not have a problem with...

like i was just that kid at every party, the one everyone liked, the one whod hook you up

i was always a good kid, i never started problems, creating conflict wasnt my thing ya know

i grew up in a really liberal household, my mom was a stoner, my dad was a stoner, my older brother, my older sister, and i started at 15

i miss that life, i grew up kinda on the poor side, like my mom and pops would go hungry so me and my siblings could eat, we wouldnt be able to drive too far sometimes, or we would walk...cause gas was tight...learned the value of a dollar, and how to survive without money

i wouldnt change my childhood at all, ever

cept maybe get a less dickhead dad;)

7. Never really talked alot in middle school, highschool came around, made new friends smoked a bunch of pot, I had my rebellion year, but that was over fast. Now I'm just a hippy, everyone around here will probably tell you I'm the nicest person around. If someone is in need I'm there to help them.

8. Im about one year away from starting my childhood, I'm excited by your stories and I can't wait 'til I start mine.

9. Wha?????:smoking:

10. only thing i wish i could change about my past would be, i wish in highschool i could have been allowed to hang out with my friends more and go to alot more parties. my mom was very anti-drug and hated all my friends for some reason lol, so i was always "grounded" and i wasn't allowed to go out on the weekend and all that bs.

11. Best parents ever. I was raised with respect and understanding and it turned out well.

12. Yeah, my mom was that way about my friends and the way I dressed and acted up until I was about 16. When I was 17, I convinced her that pot really isn't so bad. I think my dad may have helped me.

13. All these kids are so fucking stupid. And I hate it!

But they hate me for the same reason!!!!

14. I had an alright childhood. I was the fat kid until the beginning of 8th grade so that put a huge damper on my self perception. Other than that it was great. I grew up with AWESOME parents (didnt realize it until college) and lived in a nice area. I first smoked weed in 8th grade, didnt even know what being high felt like, plus i hated the taste of the smoke so I would have never thought id be the stoner I am today.

I went into highschool as a clean kid; White shirt, clean white etnies, silver chain, fossil watch... you get the idea. Went goth sophmore year through early junior year, and developed a really negative view of the world. I started playing with a great band around that time too (started guitar in 7th grade) and the music scene pretty much became my life until I left high school. (GO BUY MY OLD BAND'S CD! SHOT DOWN SUN - "THE HUMAN DESIGN") Started smoking heavy around junior year and I began to start partying ALOT more. I got my heart ripped out of my chest for the first time my senior year right before prom by my girl and then 2 months later I got arrested on possession charges. From there I fought severe bouts of depression until my mid first semester in college. I took mushrooms for the first time on halloween and my mind set has never been the same since.

Ha, I love digging through your old history. Im gonna go break up some chron and go to bed.

15. My childhood kinda sucked. I was short (still am), so I was the guy that people picked on. I ended up spending 2nd to 7th grade in this "magnet" program (basically a class for smart kids), where I spent every day in a class with the same bunch of assholes, except for this one kid, who I got along great with and still talk to all the time. I ended up going to my zoned middle school in 8th grade, but I still had my share of shit going on.

In high school I ran into a couple people from that magnet class, but I guess they had grown up since they were not nearly as immature. I'd say high school was a turning point in my life. I ended up getting along with a lot more people, and I became close friends with a guy that lives 2 blocks down from me. He got me into smoking (and gymnastics) my junior year, introduced me to a great group of friends, and brought me to the city.

16. I had a pretty traumatic childhood but I was happy for the most part until I'd say about 7, I became truly depressed at 12 after I almost died, I was bullied for the whole length of my public school career and was a bully as well. I was constantly in trouble and was labeled as a columbine threat, and there's a whole bunch else but I don't feel like posting it.

17. i miss my childhood, life was great up untill about freshman year of highschool, then shit went downhill fast, but shits alright now so no worries

18. I know how it is to be bullied, that shit sucks. I was bullied and extremely depressed in middle school because I had surgeries on my head a few years prior. People can be harsh, especially at that age.

19. My childhood was pretty average I think. I went to a pretty small school, graduated with the same kids I went to pre-school with. I first tried weed when I was 14, was really indifferent after it and didn't try it again until I was a junior in high school. I did a lot of sports all through my childhood, gymnastics for 6 years, soccer for 10, ran cross country and went to state a couple times, did track in fall. Graduated with honors. Pretty average. My parents were always really cool with everything I did. They were sometimes strict, but I never gave them any reason to worry about me, let me do just about anything I wanted. I'm kind of glad I never went through a big rebel stage, now I can sit down with my folks and smoke a bowl and talk about anything.

One thing I miss so much about my childhood is my neighborhood. I lived in a trailer park until 4th grade, and there were kids all around. I always had someone to play flash light tag with, even if it was only for twenty min because noone could be out after dark. I loved it.

20. I lived in a trailer court until I was about 12, and it was great. I miss those days...