Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chicago hemp fest

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by XspankyX, Apr 14, 2011.

1. When is it this year

2. june 18th is the only date i've heard. it's not hemp fest anymore, just peace fest. I went there a few years ago, and it was awesome, great bands, glass blowers, tons of people smoking. then over the past couple of years it's gotten lamer and lamer. I didn't even bother going last year, because the year before that, it was almost exclusively high school kids and big groups of cops just standing around in a circle. not to mention, the bands were just awful. So fucking lame. the highlight act was some lame indie band that the best part of it was they had some girl dancing with the american flag, clearly tripping balls. hope it's better this year, i might have to check it out.

3. Its the 17th-19th of June. You can search for them on facebook, Chicago Peace fest.

Yea, it's kinda been whiddeled down over the years. Getting smaller and smaller. Its usually a cool scene but the cops scare alot of people off, and the bands often are pretty bad. I still try to stop by though every year and check it out.

4. ill go. we should have a GC area lol

5. I was kinda thinking the same, would be cool to have a get together with some GC friends down at the fest.

6. Im down to have a gc area

7. GC area sounds good to me, as i was planning on going this year.but i have some questions
    1. have there ever been people arrested for smoking up there?
    2.can you smoke out in the open there or do you have to keep that on the down low because of the police presence?

8. 1 - I'm sure there have been. I don't want to scare any people away because it's a good event. But i'm sure at any type of 420/weed rally like this there might be the very RARE ticketing or arrest. Maybe on the outskirts of the event and such. I personally havent known any one that's gotten busted at the fest. It's generally pretty safe

2- You can smoke it out in the open for the most part. Obviously you need to have some discretion, not bust out bongs, gas masks, etc. But there will be plenty of people around toking so you're safe in the general crowd. Obviously, if a cop walks by or you're walking past a cop it's probably not a good idea to be hitting a bowl.

9. Let's do this, as long as everyone that shows up doesn't scare me which I doubt that would happen we can cruise back to my crib for a bbq/smke out if peeps want. I live like 15 from the Chi.

10. I might be able to show up

11. i'm usually staunch against meeting people from the internet, even though I can take care of myself just fine, but i think meeting at hemp fest would be a pretty safe place. we should def get some more details, or mark out a specific place to meet, or a code word or something, lol

12. Yea I'm a little like that too, even though I've met a few people from the internet before.
    And I was thinking the same thing, nice public open spot, amongst another larger weed gathering, not going to have a much better spot for a GC meet up.

I guess we could just pick a day, meet up at some specific spot there or side.
    I was actually talking to my gf about this, about how would it be possible to stand out amongst others in the hemp fest crowd. I'm not a big fan of wearing matching clothing, and it's probably not a good ide anyway lol.

I was thinking maybe a codeword. or maybe somebody could just put up a simple cardboard sign, that says GC or grasscity or something at a place in the park and we could all gather around it, put down our picnic blankets or whatever.

13. a GC area would be sick! i would love to meet some of you guys. im really excited for this years fest. i havent gone to one but i hope cops arent too hard on toking. chicago's laws arent that strict for weed so we'll probably be fine.

14. yea we should have someone who's definitely going just make a simple cardboard sign that says "GC" or something. or we could all wear long red socks and short shorts and look like some sort of insane gang.

Edit: and yea medic, i've never had a problem there, even smoking in front of cops. They have much better things to be doing than writing us a ticket for weed... i once walked out of a parking garage smoking a joint, 2 cops got off the elevator right in front of me, gave me a little bit of a funny look, but then i smiled and they nodded and just walked away, lol

15. A GC area is a cool idea, then we could expand it and have a Grass City Fest and just have a few days of bands, art, food, etc sponsored by GC *hint hint mods* :)

16. hell yeah i'd definably go to that for GC, + im only a train ride away Chicago ;) :smoke: :cool:

17. Yeah i hope this gc group works out. Dont see why it wouldnt basicly everykne who tokes gets along lol. Except the ocasion douche bag but we can just single them out an beat their ass while we smoke a blunt :p lol puff puff jab

18. So what day would work best for everyone? I'm thinking the 18th would be best?
    The 17th is a friday, might be hard for everyone to make it out there. And if it's the 18th, and it rains out or something we could always try to make the 19th the emergency date.

Any one want to volunteer to make a sign, pick an area in the park, take the lead in this?
    I know it's kinda lame that I'm asking but not volunteering myself lol..... But I'm not the most reliable guy at times. I'll be there for sure.. but I'm not the best at organizing, being on time, etc. Just being honest lol

19. boooo... i have a wedding. its the step bros and im best man so i gotta go.

ill geocache a quarter for all of you though