chewing tobacco

Discussion in 'General' started by Acid Raindrops, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Ultimately, cold turkey works best, for long term quitting. The drugs, patches, gums, as I said, just kinda change your habits.

Admittedly I do not know many people who have quit cold turkey, but then again I don't know many people who successfully quit....period.

The one time I quit cold turkey was probably the fastest, easiest quit. I started again about 3 months later, but during the time I was quit.....it only sucked for a little while.

First 2-3 days, I experienced a lot of physical withdraws. Anxiety, etc. The feeling of hunting for cigs, the fact that I started smelling a cigarette from like a mile away, etc....

About day 4....you develop a sense of being use to it, and right about day 4, you start noticing your lungs are clear, you have energy, and you notice you can get through a day without a cig.

About day 7-10, you're grateful to quit.

It's months 2-3-4, that you trick yourself back into it. "Oh....but I haven't smoked in 3 months....I'll just have this cigar with my drink........"

2. Well all my friends who have tried to quit couldn't because the sudden withdrawl from it was too intense. I'm glad it kinda worked for 3 months for you man. I don't smoke cigs myself but I am a firm believer in individual willpower. You have to dig deep and beat the addiction. Whether its chew like the OP said or in your case smoking cigs, individual willpower is key. Your mind is a powerful tool and you can definitely beat most addictions with it. Who knows? You may learn that you are a strong willed person in the process :D

3. It was hypothetical, tokinITguy said "any questions?", and I was being facetious.

I dip too, I smoke cigarettes when I'm out and I dip when I'm inside. I started dipping in an attempt to quit smoking...it worked for a few days but now I'm more addicted to nicotine than I've ever been.

Funny thing is, I smoke waaay more cigarettes when I'm high. :confused_2: I just always feel the need to be doing something....also I can't dip when I'm high because of cotton mouth - so, because I'm so hopelessly addicted to nicotine, I end up smoking a cigarette every 30 minutes or so.

4. Well to someone who seems to be rather hopelessly addicted to nicotine (sorry I don't mean to offend, just reading your own posts), I can definitely see your point here.

However, I was merely pointing out the fact that quitting all forms of nicotine in favor of weed is probably FAR safer than going cold turkey or going through the other bullshit of patches, pills, creams, salves, wipes, bubblegum, suppositories, and whatever else they've come up to help people quit that don't seem to be working all that well.

Then again, as corrupt as the tobacco industry is, I have my own opinions as to why those products really don't work worth a shit. Every single person I know has switched back from the e-cig too, which is really sad.

The hardest thing in the world for me to deal with is finding someone who wants to quit tobacco, but physically can't. Just turns my stomach and sheds a tear or two thinking about my own Grandparents, may they rest in peace. I wish you the best of luck in quitting if that's what you really want.

5. I used MJ and flower seeds to quit smoking cigs. 3 yrs and counting.:hello:

At one point I too tried using chew to quit smoking,:( I was dipping and smoking at the same time for a year or so.:eek:

I'm in my early forties and started smoking at the age of 11 and full time at 14, quitting was a long time coming but I finally made it.:D

Never stop quitting, it's an ongoing process. Use MJ to that advantage and roll up some J's for when the urge hits.:smoke:

6. water bottle

7. If you have something to drink you can just gut it or just remember to grab a spitter

8. like what DirtyPete said,i think you'd end up getting more addicted. just go cold turkey, if you REALLY want to quit, you going to REALLY have to try.

9. Dude don't chew, it fucks up your mouth, try hookah tobacco, it's the only tobacco i still use.

10. Try dipping with cotton mouth, not fun at all.

11. chewing tobaccoo is just nasty...

and thats coming from a redneck<------------:cool: