Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chest pains during sessions?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Busta Brown, Nov 3, 2011.

1. I Have been smokin for about 3 years, my second year, chest pains started to come on during every session. I have researched, been to the doctor, and come to the conclusion that MAYBE it is, Acid Reflux Disease.

I need some opinions and feedback on these ((chest pains))

2. take smaller rips maybe?? idk man

3. #3 theVirtuoso, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
    It's quite possible. I deal with a number of GI problems, one being reflux and I get chest pains. Smoking isn't good for it, especially if you smoke after eating (I recommend avoiding doing so).

Vaping helps a great deal - I wasn't able to smoke for quite some time (only on occasion now) without having chest pains and trouble breathing.

Your diet plays the largest role in all this. If you want this to change, you have to start making changes to get healthier.

You can try taking prilosec (apple cider vinegar also works, I recommend the capsules since the stuff tastes horrible) for two weeks and see if it clears up - for most people it does. However, if after two weeks it's not improved - don't keep taking it, a doctor visit may be in order.

4. What foods could help?

5. It's not so much which foods help, it's which foods to avoid.

Here's safe foods:
    Acid Reflux Diet - Safe Foods for Heartburn Sufferers - Safe Foods for the Acid Reflux Diet

Foods to eat with caution:
    Acid Reflux Diet - Foods Heartburn Sufferers Should Consume with Discretion - Acid Reflux Diet

Foods to avoid:
    Acid Reflux Diet - Foods Heartburn Sufferers Should Avoid - Acid Reflux Diet

I find saucy foods, brownies, alcohol, coffee/tea to be some of the worst. However, since my diet has been pretty good the last few months I was able to eat a brownie yesterday without any repercussions.

You may find some foods on the avoid list you can eat alright, but others really cause problems - just gotta find what works for you.

It helps to eat smaller meals more often as well, don't overload your stomach all at once.

6. But that lists says no chicken nuggets, how do people stop eating chicken nuggets? :confused:

7. Thank you, i will post back on here after i try new diet:)

8. haha :smoke:

9. [quote name='"Busta Brown"']I Have been smokin for about 3 years, my second year, chest pains started to come on during every session. I have researched, been to the doctor, and come to the conclusion that MAYBE it is, Acid Reflux Disease.

I need some opinions and feedback on these ((chest pains))[/quote]

It is Acid reflux ,I have the same problem. Smoking irritates your stomach and causes this, just eat a couple of tums and you should be fine

10. If it was an occasional thing, this would work, however when it's a more consistent problem you shouldn't be taking antacids all the time to relieve it - they don't fix the real problem, and while they're pretty harmless, they can cause problems down the road.