Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CHEMICALS IN MARIJUANA?!?.... and bud mold.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Willyummyweed, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Recently I was talking to a bud tender at my local dispensary about chemicals in marijuana. This topic was brought up due to reading an article in high times magazine about high levels of nitrogen and other chemicals being used to increase yield in marijuana. The article has stated that the levels are too high for the human body to break down properly and are there for dangerous to our health. I have a couple questions: Should I be worried? I know I could go organic but what are the risks of using chemical grown marijuana? Am I more at risk than others because I use only a vaporizer? What about bud mold? *off topic but I figured I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone* please get back to me with your accurate responses in your on time, thank you.

2. The air we breathe every moment of every day is nearly 80% nitrogen, if you cant handle a little nitrogen there is probably more issues present.

3. Also.. nitrogen is inert and has zero effect on us.

4. [quote name='"Clidefr0g"']Also.. nitrogen is inert and has zero effect on us.[/quote]

Let's just say I was a little stoned when I was reading the article are there any other chemicals that could affect our bodies lol

5. Provided you smoke the bud rather than vape it, yes. The carbonization that occurs with combustion produces carcinogenic molecules, so, in a sense, anything smoked via flame is inherently unhealthy. (Hence why I love my Arizer Solo. :p)

6. [quote name='"scrambledegg81"']

Provided you smoke the bud rather than vape it, yes. The carbonization that occurs with combustion produces carcinogenic molecules, so, in a sense, anything smoked via flame is inherently unhealthy. (Hence why I love my Arizer Solo. :p)[/quote]

I only vaporize?

7. [quote name='"scrambledegg81"']

Provided you smoke the bud rather than vape it, yes. The carbonization that occurs with combustion produces carcinogenic molecules, so, in a sense, anything smoked via flame is inherently unhealthy. (Hence why I love my Arizer Solo. :p)[/quote]

I is well im in arizer solo owner. Off topic question the hell should I use for a screen in the bottom of that thing I can never seem to cut metal screens down to fit

8. *high-five*

I've never really needed a screen, personally. As long as you don't over/under-pack the pipe, the MJ tends to filter itself.

9. [quote name='"scrambledegg81"']*high-five*

I've never really needed a screen, personally. As long as you don't over/under-pack the pipe, the MJ tends to filter itself.[/quote]

Yeah my shit was ground pretty fine and when I was in vaping i sucked a bunch through and ended up getting a lung infection :/

10. damn you got a lung infection from vaping?? not to be a dick, but isnt harming your lungs what you're trying to avoid when you vape?:p

11. #11 aPersonUponaHill, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
    Well you dont suck in as hard as when you are vaping the same as you do when hitting a bowl or bong or joint, just let the vapor be blow out into your mouth and inhale slowly enough so weed doesnt come rushing up through the tubes.

12. When they talk about nitrogen, they are talking about fertilizers (nitrates) and yes, these and other chemicals used in growing can be bad for you if not flushed out properly.

13. [quote name='"smokeymarshall"']damn you got a lung infection from vaping?? not to be a dick, but isnt harming your lungs what you're trying to avoid when you vape?:p[/quote]

No offense taken I know it was rather odd. Given I do have lung issues, lets just say that, so maybe I was prone

14. [quote name='"xdog"']When they talk about nitrogen, they are talking about fertilizers (nitrates) and yes, these and other chemicals used in growing can be bad for you if not flushed out properly.[/quote]

Any signs?

15. [quote name='"EasternSmoker"']Well you dont suck in as hard as when you are vaping the same as you do when hitting a bowl or bong or joint, just let the vapor be blow out into your mouth and inhale slowly enough so weed doesnt come rushing up through the tubes.[/quote]

Mines a self draw vape. Anybody think running through a water pipe would help? Couldnt hurt I am sure

16. Ouch...I found out (after I bought a grinder, of course) that breaking up a few nugs by hand is good enough. Make sure they're big enough to block any smaller bits from going through the vent holes, but small enough to where you can drag with no resistance.

17. buy a fine screen from a lhs/smoke shop and cut it down folding the edges to fit the tube. i have a solo myself and friend whos somewhat of a magyver and he fit a screen perfectly into the tube/stem whatever u wanna call it. IMO u get a better vape off finely ground herbs

18. I get some fairly decent clouds with particular strains, and others not so much. White Russian & Blue Cheese tend to get the best, while OG Kush & Grapefruit Kush tend to be some of the least "cloud" producing.

19. use a grinder. there are the flavanoids and terpenoids that you want, and part of the smell is part of the medication. -grind'em up get them activated.

plus you get more surface area when you use ground up bud. would recommend getting one with a screen or a kif box (pollen) so that way you can save some of all that Crystally goodness. :smoke:

go organic. or all natural. don't look back.

MANY harmful chemicals are used when growing marijuana.

Snowstorm ultra for instance.. someone bought me a bottle.. used it once until i researched the stuff.. known carcinogens.. of course.

if i'm using the stuff to stop cancers.. why would i be using petro chemical cancer causing fertilizers?

and that is when i realized i spent a year using bottle nutes for no reason.. they are a gimmick and a scam

20. Thanks guys. What about foxfarm fertilizer?