Cheese grater as grinder

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by cornish_bird, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here so not sure if anyone will find this post helpful or not but just thought I'd share something I found with my fellow tokers!

I've had a couple of grinders now, didn't really like either of them but now I've started using a cheese grater as a grinder and it works amazingly! It really makes your smoke stretch out farther too if you're poor like me  :rolleyes:

Anyway, have a nice day guys..

That is probably the funniest thing I've read all day. I'm sure it works great, but there's no build in kief collection chamber on a cheese grater... sorry to burst your bubble :p

3. Neither is there one on single or double chamber grinders. OP, they sell creditcard sized "cheese graders" just for this, so your idea is good.

I've always wondered at the facination with seperating kief from bud. Leave it where it was and suddenly your weed is much better... ;)

4. Glad I caused a giggle  :smoke:  Yes, I'm in the same view as you mr_goodwrench_0, I prefer my kief to be on the bud, although when you run out, having a separate chamber for it is good too! 

I didn't know that there were already similar ideas, that's cool!

5. They call them grinder cards.

6. @[member="Greengal"] Yeah, haven't actually done any research into them yet as my cheese grater seems to be doing the trick so far but it's cool that the idea is out there already!

7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4rL50vnAno

Because when you grind without a kief catch the kief falls off anyway and is wasted  rather than collecting to be smoked.

9. id rather use my fingers as a grinder, than a cheese grater....