Checking in

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LadyWhoSaysFuckALot, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Well, I'm on week 5 of flowering and I'm wondering if growth is starting to slow. It's one plant, under 6 42 watt soft white CFL. pH is good. Strong healthy roots. Not sure if I'm just being cautious. Let me know what you think.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446917971.540087.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446918025.656427.jpg

2. At week 5 upward growth should be starting to halt, and buds should start to fatten/thicken up. That's assuming it's a 9-10 week strain.

Her leaves look a bit droopy. Did she recently get watered when the photo was taken?

Pry won't get much bud off her w/ cfl lights - even 250 watts worth. Should invest in a small hps for flowering at some point [​IMG]

3. She's in a dwc. They look droopy bc I tied down a bunch of fan leaves to give more room for light. I have an LED that's full spectrum and 240 watts I'll throw in there to help.

4. Your set up looks good I have a 28x28x63 tent with 4 plants under a marsII 400w and 16 -23w 2700k cfl's, 1 hempy 3 soil, about 3 weeks into 12/12 , maybe thinking about a 600w hps/mh for the next cycle, something a bit bigger for the flower, what's the actual draw of your led?

5. No idea what it is. I've seen someone test its wattage output and it was about 185.

6. When I said droopy I was referring to the leaves close to the buds....see how they kinda curl downward? They shouldn't look like that...they should be flat and angled kinda like a solar panel - so they attract the most light.

Keep an eye on that. If you see the tips of the leaves start to fray upward and turn yellow/burnt, it means you're feeding too much. A mistake I learned the hard way when I started. Are your roots nice and white or are they discolored?

I'd rock that LED as soon as you can. Just make sure your temps don't climb too much...wanna stay between 75-79F if you can.

7. My roots are a nice cream color. I've been adamant about keeping them clean and healthy since my last plant died of root rot and quick. I do see what you are talking about. I will keep an eye on it. Today was cleaning day so it got to dry out while I disinfected the buckets and air stones. I always feed it 1 tsp less than it calls for just to make sure. Although last week I may have slipped up so that could be it.

I re-did my flowering space. Here is what it is now:

Strain: Ripper Seeds- Washing Machine

Genetics: 20% Sativa, 80% Indica

Setup: 5 gallon DWC growing 1 plant

Lights: 1-240watt 6 band LED panel (red, blue, infrared, ultraviolet, white)

1-55w CFL (200watt 3800 lumens)

1- 42w CFL soft white 2700k (150w replacement)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1446924668.484276.jpg

8. I just re-did mine. Look above and let me know what you think please :)

9. Possibly too much veg nute still in her specifically nitrogen

10. A good rule of thumb when it comes to nutrients is feed 20-25% of what's recommended. Bc that company doesn't care about you succeeding in the grow room, they care about how much they sell. Start small and work your way up...it's 100x better to slightly underfeed a plant than to over feed.

I have not done dwc myself but I've seen a buddy do it. Think the roots should be bright white...when my dirt plants are healthy that's the color they are. Clones out of the aero-cloner too

Good looking in setting the other light up. It'll make a diff in the end 🏻

11. Checking in! By math, harvest day will be the 29th. However, I'm going to keep track of the trichomes.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448152505.376846.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448152603.898354.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448152651.566313.jpg