Checking in to see what you guys think

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by flowiththeworld, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Hey GC,
    Well today marks the 6 week point for veg time. How are they doing for 6 weeks? This is my second time around and I'm working with a few "Sweet Dreams" and the rest "Bubblegum" from a seedbank in the netherlands. I have been feeding them relatively regularly the fox farm grow big liquid plant food and I just started using full strength. The soil I'm pretty sure is some good stuff (it has to be if it came from a big ten public school's horticulture lab right?) , and when i checked my RO last night it was around 6.5 (isn't that ideal?). The plants themselves look rather healthy but it seems like theyre lacking in nitrogen or something because there are some lower leaves that are yellowing and even some of the middle ones.

My setup features a 400 watt HPS system, but right now I am using a Neutral Deluxe MH conversion bulb. I have 8 plants in total and I am positive 6 are female. Is this enough light for this many plants or should I consider upgrading or getting supplemental lights? Also how long should I continue to veg for in your opinion? I have 4.5 ft of height in that room and i figure the light will take up about 1 foot (when raised to the ceiling) and the pots themselves will be about a foot, which leaves 2.5 feet for plant growth? I dont know for some reason that doesnt seem right cause the plants are already like at least a foot tall and it seems like I have quite a bit of room (well in reality yah they probly are about half of what they can get to).

Yah so I have a high output HPS bulb I can switch to and thats not a problem. You may notice the hole in the back wall also. Well I have ducting connected to a fan and theres also an extra chain hung back there so I will be setting that up tonight or very soon. The only thing is the hole is too small right now and the exacto knife is at a friends house. Yah so thats about it but if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. I would love to get as much feedback on this as I can. I;m not worried about being told I'm doing something wrong I just want to learn from what I do wrong in order to be more successful next time.

Thanks GC and Grow till the sun don't shine!

Forgot to mention Temps are kept at Low:65 High:75. And Today I was planning on hanging the White Poly I just got from the hydroshop. By the way I was wondering if it would be OK to put my ballast on the poly if I decide to line the floor also? Or is this a big NO! NO!?

Attached Files:

2. They look real good to me! Are they starting to flower even though they're still in the veg cycle?

3. I think they may just be little pre-flowers :)

4. Yah theyre just the preflowers, thats how I know 6 of the 8 are female... But seriously now what advice do you guys have for me? I just vaccuumed out the whole space since I havent done that for awhile and cleaned it up nice. I bought a bunch of the white poly shit or whatever "2% less reflective than mylar" But I was wondering how I should hang it up? I was thinking thumb tacks is that OK? SIDE NOTE I just thought that maybe if I held both shift keys while pressing a letter it would be lower case cause they would cancel out, but alas I was wrong. Whoa what was that? Anyways Yah I was also thinking of laying the white poly on the floor for easy cleanliness and stuff but kinda wondering if it would be ok to have my ballast for my 400 watt hps on the poly? Otherwise I can just find something to put under it if I have to. Thanks for the help in advance.

5. Yah so heres the new pics after cleanin up a bit. I tried to get a better pic to show how much room I have left to go. Also got a pic of temp and humidity. Probably goin a little pic crazy right now huh?

Attached Files: