Checked My Plants Today And The Soil Was Bone Dry! Help!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nckdaman, Apr 4, 2010.

1. I just made a stealth grow box and i have circulating air and light, thats about it. I just put my plants in last night and watered them. Maybe 12 hours later i checked on them and the soil was bone dry. What could be the problem? its very possible i just didnt put enough water in but im surprised how fast it dryed up. Could it be the humidity? So my other question is, are the seeds "broken" now or are the okay and could still grow? Please help me! :(

2. What size pots, what soil, about how much water, temp?

3. #3 nckdaman, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2010
    Oh god...uh. Um im using one of those red cups and im using...potting soil? I dont really know how much water and the temperature was warm. That probably doesn't help to much, sorry. So are my seeds okay?

4. Better check your temps and humidity buddy, as far as the seeds go youll have to wait and see

5. It's cooking in there.

6. at the very least, use a spray bottle to water them for a few days and put a plastic bag over them to keep the humidity in!

7. Jesus. Water till water comes out the bottom how do you know it was dry how did you check it? Did you look at the top of the soil and see it was dry or did you stick finger in it deep to check? Yes i know red solo cups dont have holes thats why u make them you always should water till the water comes out the bottom.

8. i put some water in a cup and put it buy the incoming air, would that help bring in some more humidity.

9. You need to find out what the temp and humidity is, its pretty important when growing, the plants can only do what you give them the opportunity to do. Gotta get it dialed in bro, 70-80 degrees in veg with 75% RH, 70-80 in flower with 50% RH, and use decent water. And im gonna guess that the cup of water wont do much if anything, get a humidifier

10. When you water, use a sprayer to make a mist, if you dont have one, take a cheap water bottle, poke a small hole in it with a needle, and spray water out of it.:D

11. Incase anyone is wondering i do think i just didnt water them enough. One is growing rapidly the other i thought i had lost but today i looked and it was starting to sprout. I put a cup in the box with water. I think its working because i checked it the next day and half of the water was gone. Thanks to everyone who helped me out! Smoke on.:smoking: