Check this Bad ass out

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by GabbaGabbaHey, Oct 7, 2012.

1. 5 things...
    1. Sarcasm
    2. You're
    3. bud, but
    4. that's
    5. cool,

2. just tell your dad everyone on GC is demanding pics and vids, then get an engine shot, exhaust vid, and burnout/accel video. Ill +rep you and im sure some others will aswell

3. what's cool about a car backfiring?

4. in this order 2.5.3.4.1 simmer down bud im playing around just as much as you and your useless posts!

well other than the fact that they sound cool and remind me of the track.. nothing. it could be a number of things causing this but mostly just running rich with incomplete combustion results in the excess fuel to explode in the exhaust system.

i too would like to see some more pics especially a pic under the hood.

5. I will post pics at about 3 today (mtn time)

6. Viper's a 30k millionaire car, but still love it.

7. #27 stupidstuff, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    Having driven one I personally think they are junk. Especially a supercharged one. Completely useless without AWD. I do love the way they look though.

I would take a lexsus 300 with a 2JZ sitting on 30 psi. WAY more class, way faster, and around the same price.

The only thing dodge did wrong was make it feel SOOOOOOO CHEAP inside. I can get over the non daily drivability of the design.

I always wanted a viper until i drove one. It would have been fine had I not driven faster german cars that were so nice inside and rode so well it makes the viper look like a joke.

Edit: I have to admit, they do get the ladies wet.

8. #28 mercinariesgtr, Oct 9, 2012
    you def get more poon/respect with a supercharged yellow viper than a boosted sc300 though. people see a boosted sc300 with a bov drivin down the road with a big pipe and you know 80% are thinking "pfft ricer", you drive down the road in a yellow viper and all heads turn. talking about how fast they are is kinda pointless because its stupid fast vs stupid fast.

9. #29 stupidstuff, Oct 9, 2012
    True very true. :smoke:

But vipers have zero class. They are like a body builder, big and interesting to look at, but cant really put that muscle to full use.

10. Yeah but the viper and a Lexus is like apples and oranges. A viper is a muscle car. Built to do one thing and one thing only: go fast straight line. A viper has a huge engine and the suspension is garbage. Like they are nice don't get me wrong. But as an all around car they come up short compared to others in that range.

11. Thats nice man :) my dad used to rock a 98 when i was younger, Was the first car i ever got to Drive "fast" in :) Not my cup of tea now a days but still very nice.

12. Yea thats why the Viper ACR is 4th on the nurburgring ...it only goes in straight lines huh?

oh and its only 2 seconds faster than your 300k Lexus LFA

13. #33 weedandtubes, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
    The good Vipers, 4th gen, are pretty damn fast in corners, though. Especially the ACR, but only if you were a damn good driver.
    The ACR was a different breed of beast, though. Shouldn't even be considered a production car, considering 34 were sold.

14. Were we talking about an ACR? No I don't believe so. They are different cars... Of course a car that cost an extra like 15,000 more then the base model, it is going to have differences.

15. Is it still a Viper? I believe so.
    That's like saying a Camaro Zl1 isn't a Camaro, because it costs more.
    The Corvette ZR1 costs almost 60k more than the base coupe. It's still a Corvette. Just because it has special treatment and costs more, it doesn't make it a different car. It's still the body, the same company building it, most of the same powertrain.
    There was another Viper- the ACRx- that set a 7.02, but Dodge doesn't consider it a production car, so the 7.12 of the 2010 ACR stands. The 7.22 of the 2008 is still fourth.

16. bumpity bump

17. Your dads a lucky fuck. I don't like the color though but still nice car

18. I think v10's sounds higher because the extra two cylinders fire right after the eight so it speeds up the sounds ya know? Like how v10 lambos sound less aggressive and angry than v8's it's strange but i think it;'s because that pause between the last firing and first firing on the set of an 8 is filled by the other cylinders so it's a constant sound instead of pow pow pow pow.

19. The only thing I like about vipers... is the style... other than that, they're meh to me. Nice power... however, 9K on a supercharger and only 31k spent.. with low miles? Something tells me the "9K supercharger" is bs. Pictures tell everything. Nice car either way for sure though! If the viper had AWD... it'd be SOOOO much better.

PS: Just don't even bother trying to race bikes still, cause they will pretty much always win. (Used to have one.. miss my ZX6R)