Check out my first grow in a dresser! (with pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by albertjay, May 10, 2013.

1. Hi this is my first post hi hello hey, I have some questions about my first grow. (Technically not my first grow cause I had two that died of nute bern, damn miracle grow)

Was using four 23w cfl 5000k and replaced and added four 2400k's on 5/8, so that makes six 23w cfl. Two of each on the top, two 2400k on the bottom right, with me rotating the plant twice or more a day. I switched to 12/12 last week on 5/4.

The first picture is of my plant on the right 4/10 (the smaller sad one died), earliest picture I have.
    The others are as of 5/9

What kind of plant is it Sativa or Indica?
    I can see some signs of sexing although I'm not too sure about it, looks like pistols growing but I may be wrong.
    Is it good for my first grow? Any tips? Comments?
    Please dont be rude I'm a noob with a lot of research but little experience.

(I will post pictures periodically on it's progress) Thank you grasscity!

Attached Files:

2. Very nice! They're looking quite healthy. I'm on my first grow as well and it's very similar to yours. I found that doing LST seems to work well with the CFLs, especially because of stretching.

3. Can you please explain what LST is to me, or at least point me in the right direction. I'm open to new ideas that'll optimize my grow :)

4. LST stands for "Low Stress Training." Basically you tie down the main stem so that the smaller branches are growing up off of it. It makes the plant bushier, helps with smaller space, and gives the lower leaves more light. There's several guides here:Grasscity.com - Plant Training Here is a stick on the subject: How- To : LST