Check out my first grow. Feedback is always welcome!!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TomTheTacticalToker, Sep 18, 2017.

1. #1 TomTheTacticalToker, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    My First Grow

Grow Details:

FFOF soil, 3gal and 5gal fabric smart pots, 4ft 8bulb T5HO for veg, 600w dimmable HPS w/wing reflector for flower, 5’x5’x6.6’ grow tent, and a 390cfm fan to pull air out of the tent. The only nutrients I used was Tiger Bloom during flowering. I used some seeds I found in a batch a shake that I use for making infused coconut oil. There was 2 different strains of the shake that the seeds were from and I kept them separate so I would know what was what if and when I decided to grow them. Unfortunately, I don’t remember what the strains were. To be fair I bought the shake over a year ago. I only know that one was of a purp variety other than that your guess is as good as mine. To germinate the seed I used the paper towel method. Once they popped I planted them in small cups with the leafs just under the soil.

Grow Timeline:
    5/20-
    Babies popped up from soil
    image001.jpg
    6/01-
    Transplanted seedlings into approx. 1gal. pots.
    image003.jpg

6/12- Transplanted two plants into 5gal. fabric smart pots and 2 into 3gal. fabric smart pots.

image005.jpg

6/12- I topped one of the 3gal. plants.

6/18- I forgot to set up my light timer before leaving for few days. They went 3 days without light.

6/22- After 3 days of complete darkness the plants looked sad as hell all droopy and what not.

6/24- 3 day dark period seems to have triggered flowering so I switched out my T5 fixture of the 600w HPS.
    image007.jpg
    image009.jpg image011.jpg

7/09- I started watering with Tiger Bloom at half of the suggested amount for about 2 weeks before moving up to full strength.

7/27-
    image013.jpg image015.jpg image017.jpg

8/07-
    Picture clipping.png

8/09-
    Untitled.png Untitled1.png

8/12- One of the 5gal plants hermied. I found un-opened pollen sacks forming on a few of the lower branches.

8/13-
    Untitled3.png Untitled4.png Untitled5.png Untitled2.png

8/15-
    Untitled6.png Untitled7.png Untitled8.png Untitled9.png Untitled10.png

8/21-
    Untitled11.png Untitled12.png

8/22-

Untitled14.png
    Untitled13.png

8/25-
    Untitled15.png Untitled16.png Untitled17.png Untitled18.png Untitled19.png Untitled20.png Untitled21.png Untitled22.png

8/29-
    Untitled23.png Untitled24.png Untitled25.png Untitled26.png Untitled27.png

9/03- I forgot to add Tiger Bloom when watering causing some fan leaves to start yellowing/browning.

9/06- The 5gal. plant started yellowing really bad and I already removed many of its fan leaves to allow more light to reach the lower bud formations. I decided to water it with Tiger Bloom at half dose 2 more times before going to just water for a flush.

9/09- Untitled29.png Untitled30.png Untitled31.png Untitled32.png Untitled33.png

9/10- Some of the pistils have begun turning orange/red and receding. I started keeping an eye on the trichomes waiting for them to mature.
    Untitled34.png Untitled35.png Untitled36.png Untitled37.png Untitled38.png Untitled39.png Untitled40.png

9/12-
    -The 5gal plants thricomes are all milky/white with next to no clear or amber.

-The short 3gal plant has about 90% milky/white and 10% clear however its pisitls seem to be darkening and receeding at a faster rate that the other plant that is from the same batch of seeds.

-The tall lanky 3gal. plant still has about 40-45% clear trichomes but the amount of trichomes on this plant is insane. Thankfully I still have 5-6 seeds from this mystery strain.

41.png 42.png 43.png 44.png 45.png 46.png 47.png 48.png

9/14-
    49.png 50.png 51.png 52.png 53.png 54.png 55.png 56.png 57.png

9/16- Not much change with trichome maturation. I started to notice small green balls on some of the 5gal plants buds. There are white pistils growing out of them. I have tried to research and find out if they are seeds just starting to form but I cant find anything solid. I definitely cannot seem to find any solid pictures of others with this issue. I have thoroughly inspected the plants for any bananas or pollen sacks and found nothing. It has been over 11 weeks since the plants started flowering so I will just let it go. I expect to harvest within the next week or so anyway. Here are some pics of the questionable growth.
    58.png 59.png 60.png 61.png

9/17- I’m in the home stretch just a few more days till harvest and I am so excited. Check out the trichomes on the 3 plants and let me know what you think. I actually think the Tall Lanky 3gal plant can deffiately go a bit longer because she still has a ton of clear trichomes but she also has a good amount of amber ones so already.

-Plant in 5gal pot:
    1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png

-Tall Lanky Plant in 3gal pot: Feel free to check out the trichomes and let
    me know what y’all think. She is starting to show her purp heritage.
    7.png 8.png 9.png 10.png 11.png 12.png 13.png

Short Stubby Plant in 3gal pot:
    14.png 15.png 16.png 17.png 18.png

Thats all for now. I will be updating it as my journey progresses. Coming soon the Harvest, Dry, and Cure Chronicles....

Attached Files:

2. Yo have got to be sh*tting me!!!!!!!!! I just took all that time to type that up and like an idiot thought I could just copy and paste each picture into the text box since I cant just upload a word document and low and behold I just wasted my time and now have to go through and add each photo all over again.. Damn....... maybe tomorrow lol .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Lmao :) updates