Check out my bong :)

Discussion in 'General' started by motopwn, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Made this bong out of a 1.75L Willet Pot Still Reserve - Kentucky Bourbon bottle.
    Took me 15 minutes to drill a hole through the glass, another 2.5 hrs to sand it out the width of the slide. I have 2 750ml Willet bottles I am going to do the same thing with. This bottle is huge and has a very wide base. The dent in the bottom of the bottle ("punt") makes it so I have to put a lot of water in it to reach the slide. But this is the best bong I have ever owned. I can't wait to see how well the small bottles turn out. I am thinking I will sell them to someone or something. Check it out.

[​IMG]

2. Looks awesome! A local head shop by me makes handles and bottles into bongs. But the shape of this bottle is perfect. Tell us how it rips.

3. looks dope man. I'd invest in a bigger slide but thats just me.

4. We wanna see a video!!!!

5. Heres another picture, converting the video atm... Shot it with my iPhone 4 and it was 39Mb so let me make that a bit smaller ;)

[​IMG]

6. Damn when did you make this. Love DIY, looks like you cheif'n that thing for a little while.

7. @no soap I smoke a LOT lol its been a bong for about 4-5 months. The chunks get cleaned out, but the I need to get some Forumla420 or something. I'm not even going to use the two small ones I am making.

Heres the video, its an AVI cut down to 2.4 MB
    http://db.tt/uwSjGZf

Willet is some good stuff, I highly recommend it to any Bourbon lover. It doesn't run cheap, but I sure love the taste and the awesome shape of their bottle. The glass is VERY thick.
    [​IMG]

8. That's a beautiful representation of stoner creativity. +rep

9. Thanks for the rep :smoke:

10. That's legit dude. I plan to open a smoke shop in the future and blow my own glass. I'll collect cool bottles and turn them into bongs :D

11. Tell me how you drilled into it like that and what parts and pieces you used for the stim.

I tried with a schnops bottle but i failed epicly as it shattered all over the place. Then again with a port bottle and made some progress but it pulled shitty.

how did you drill it step by step?

12. #12 motopwn, Feb 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2011
    I used a dremel tool, you have to use a drill that can spin fast enough and you have to use the right bits. On top of everything, patience. I broke the first 1 I tried. That's why it took me 2.5 hours to sand out the width of the slide.

I got my dremel out.
    Went to the hardware store and bought a glass drill bit.

I got a plastic bong that had a plastic stem and a metal slide. I pulled the stem out, rubber grommet and all and made a mark on the bottle to show how big I needed to make it. I drilled through the glass running water over the surface the entire time, if you attempt again make sure to try it next time. After 15 minutes I had a really small hole clear through the bottle. I put a grinding stone bit on the dremel and SLOWLY sanded it out the width of the stem (+rubber grommet of course). After 2 hours I had it to where I could fit the stem in there, but not with the rubbber grommet, I sanded it out a little more and got it to where I could just barely twist it down into it. The rubber grommet creating a perfect fit. The base of this bottle is HUGE and it takes A LOT to clear. I bet the smaller ones will make a GREAT hit.

Tips...
    1. Run water over it to prevent it from overheating and it cleans away debris.
    2. Don't press into for too long gently press into and lay off it and repeat.
    3. Be SUPER patient, I had the first one I tried to make sanded out to nearly the size of the stem and it shattered.
    4. Don't allow the bottle to vibrate too much, this will obviously cause it to crack.
    5. If it starts to crack the slightest bit just sand on it at a different angle and try and round it off. I have saved a couple cracks by literally sanding down everything around it.
    6. The plastic stem and metal slide might be cheap, but they are super affective, look fine, and work great. I can't even pull the stem out it's in there so good.

If you have another go at it, take all that into consideration and let me see how it comes out.

13. Yea, getting those drill bits are a bitch.... I borrowed my neighbor's ceramic drill bit and had at that, only problem was that right when i was running water over it after it was real hot and dirty, damn bottom shatterred in my hands. :(

But i'm guessing it was just the glass i had used this time...

14. we want milk vid!