Cheapest switchable digital ballast.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by suzuki squid, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Where can i find this? I would like to upgrade my lighting, but i think im just going to finish out the next week vegging on what i have right now. So im just going to go and buy a HPS in a week or so. But i would like to get my hands on a digital ballast since my first grow is going so well, i'll most likely start up again right away.

Looking to do this as low budget as possible..
    Thanks.

2. check out ebay i just bought a ballast that came with a 400W HPS and a 400W MH and the ballast comes with the peice for both to fit. it was $160 plus free shipping i would sugguest thats the way to go..

3. I bought a light fixture that accepts both the Metal Halide and HPS bulbs through HTG Supply. I also upgraded the reflector. The whole deal with shipping was $225 US.

4. What all did you get with your set up? I was looking at their website and for a air coolable hood, switchable ballast and two bulbs with shipping it was over what you paid.

5. The light I got was 400w and included the ballast, socket, a metal halide bulb, an HPS bulb and a timer. I did upgrade the reflector hood and the HPS bulb. With shipping it was right at $225.00

6. #6 tplat, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010

Oh ok I see you went with the one that has a socket that takes both bulbs. I thought thats what you needed a swicthable ballast for. In Auburn about 15 minute or so drive from my place I found a Hydro shop that will sell me a 400 watt 6" air cooled hood, switchable ballast and 1 buld for a little over $200 tax included. With the grow room my nephew and I set up I need a air coolded hood to vent hot air out, I live where in the summer it gets over 100 degrees and the grow room is inside an enclosed patio that has a metal roof seperated by 1 layer of insulation and drywall.