Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cheapest Meds possible?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MissToke, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Hello everyone! I just recently got my Medical Marijuana papers sent in! I am so excited!!!

I was looking at some of the prices for the dispensaries and was somewhat disappointed to see that they were charging about the same, if not slightly more then, my street dealer who sold different high quality strains.

I was hoping to be able to get my medication a bit cheaper and was wonder what route I could go short of growing. I currently live with my parents, so growing is just not an option for me.

Do caregivers often charge less? What is the going rate for caregivers in Michigan? Does anyone have any links to find FAIR priced caregivers?

Thank you guys in advance for your help :):):)

2. Caregivers are ofter required to make little or no profit meaning its cheap as hell, but if the crop is botched, your weeds botched

3. so by little to no profit, you mean the caregivers will be giving me weed for pennies on the dollar? Is that year around? 2.5 oz at a time? What would make them want to set up a grow operation for me, with their lights, and their equiptment if they aren't making any money?

Could you possibly point me in the direction of a caregiver in the farmington hills area that would do that?

4. no, well i dont know much specific info on your location, here in CO if you arent a dispensary, but you are caregiving, its FROWNED upon by the "system" to charge more than you are paying to grow, while dispensaries charge upwards to 30-40 x what they pay. Its a taxing thing, harder to keep track of the non sactioned growers, and they govt cant really profit on the taxes as much....its really now a battle for cali to legalize so we all can follow suit here....

5. Finding a legit caregiver or joining a coop is probably your best option for cheap medicine. If Kush has a magazine version for your area, there are usually some good ads and coupons in there. I think 8-10 a g is the cheapest I've seen around here. My caregiver usually hooks me up with an 8th for $30, but it's all organic and is really great. Some dispensaries get pretty pricey. I've seen upwards of $25/g before.
    A lot of people will say that caregivers should provide for free. I don't agree with this, because even if you are growing your own, it isn't free. They have to buy seeds, soil, supplies, ladybugs, etc and pay for utility and water costs, plus transportation if they bring it to you. I am more than happy to pay my caregiver, because I know that he actually cares about his plants and his patients. He has a patient with cancer and one with AIDS, and he gives them meds for free when they get really sick.

6. kush mag doesnt even LIST half the legit shit around here.....my theory, is cause its a cali mag, meaning they want you headed to cali started business

7. True, but I was just trying to give her a place to start. I have also seen stuff in the pennysaver (free) paper, stuff in the sunday paper, stuff on craigslist, etc.

8. Caregiver prices can be pretty ridiculous here. Exact numbers are hard to come by but it can vary from $150 an ounce to $350 an ounce. This is why I prefer dispensaries over caregivers. I can just go in whenever I have a good amount of money and get my medicine instead of being charged on a regular basis for my meds. Too many people just looking for an excuse to grow legally as opposed to helping sick people.

9. I just cant deal with 450 a oz. That is like the price of an ipad for the amount of weed that will last me a month. I normally smoke 3 bowls a night sometimes a bit more on the weekend, and that ends up being about a quarter a week.

I could do 150-250 a oz or something. Do you know where I could find some prices like that within like 25 miles of Farmington Hills?

10. I don't live around there, so I would suggest asking here and look around for local meetings on the forums. Be sure to check the dispensary section if you want to give that a shot too.

11. thank you very much AMTA :D