cheap, effective growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dilerious, Oct 18, 2006.

1. I'm basically looking for a cheap yet effective way to growing. I'm looking for all the basic aspects.

-Lighting
    -Dimensions
    -Materials

I was trying to go for Flourescents, I've read about the 65w flourescent from Home Depot in High Times multiple times. I was wondering how many of these would it take to efficiently grow 4 plants in as small a space as possible... ie. 3-4 ft box. Are there any alternatives to flourescents that are as inexpensive? How many lights would I need at what wattage to grow between 4-6 plants? With a possible SoG effect. And what would be the approximate cost for the lighting itself.

Dimensions, I'm looking to build a box out of some cheap plywood with about 3ftx2ftx3-4ft. Is this enough space for that amount of plants, and would it be easier to control the humidity this way? Also if possible would it be able to be smaller by any means?

with small dimensions is it effective enough to just run a couple small circular fans and just open the box for ventilation?

thanks in advance.

2. This light setup is simple and very easy to get going. All you need is:

1.tension rod(s),
    2.lamp and bulbs
    3.2in1 sockets(if you can get more bulbs)
    4.Soda cans(for reflection)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]