Cheap Desktop

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by oofthedoof, Jun 14, 2014.

1. I want a desktop vaporizer, at my head shop the cheapest ones they have are around 60-80 dollars, I am not looking for something luxury necessarily, what would the difference be between a shitty desktop vape and a good desktop vape? any information is appreciated

2. Clean air paths are a big thing along with better temperature control. A cheap desktop that I can recommend is the vapolution. $100 but a very clean air path and a lot of power.

3. Shitty chinese vaporizers often contain toxic materials. Make sure you buy one that was made in North America or Europe. You'll have to spend $100+ to get a quality unit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 TokinMMA, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
    The cheapest desktop you're going to get is the Vapulation 2.0, as @[member="POTatato Head"] mentioned.

But it is a GREAT vape. Not only that, you can get a variety of attachments for it, ranging from different stems to a car adapter and a battery pack (for on the go).

Seriously, this is like the ultimate camping vape. 

Some other solid ones for not so much are Da Buddah and the HerbalAire 2.2.

5. I shelled out an extra couple of dollars, I am super happy with it I think it's awesome, but I was wondering about suggested temperature

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Which vape did you get?

7. it's called an easy vape, still a really cheap ass one but I feel better about it than the others

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. You shouldn't feel better about an easy vape, that's a cheap Chinese vaporizer. The temperature readouts are not accurate so can't say for sure what temperature you need to set it at. Should've listened to the advice above you.

If you wanted a whip style, the Da Buddha would've been a nice choice. Although it's not digital you could've gotten a blemished unit for cheap online.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #9 lwien, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
    What I want to know is why people come here, ask for advice, get that advice and then go out and buy something else which in most cases is far inferior to the ones suggested.

The two vapes suggested above are FAR superior to the Easy Vape.  The Vapolution that was suggested has an all glass vapor path and it sells for a mere 100 dollars.    The Da Budda is the best value in the whip based vape market.   

The Easy Vape, however, is a cheap VaporBros knock-off that does not operate correctly and is known to have inaccurate temperature read-outs and fluctuating temperature controllers (and I use the word "controllers" very loosely here).

Why come in here and ask for advice if you're not going to take it?

10. I got a blemished SSV online for about $160, to this day it has paid back for more than that.

wayyy more

It is not better than the others. It is cheap junk that is risky to your health to use. Get a refund on that garbage.