Cheap Chinese vaporizer and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by skEwb, Feb 5, 2013.

1. What do you guys think of the Easy Vape? Dangerous unit? A friend picked up one and wasn't sure if I should warn him...

2. So, would a DIY volcano I made from a heat gun and a volcano solid valve system be as unsafe as a cheap Chinese vape?

3. If your asking that on a Internet forum, then yes it is unsafe.

4. We must know all about the use of vaporizers before using this and amount of vapors in vaporizers,otherwise it will harm our body.

5. Hi there Blades, it's been a while!

Firstly I would like to thank the OP for sharing this... thankfully, I have only ever used my friend's Volcano & my HerbalAire, which are both decent quality vapes (in fact (if I am correct) the HerbalAire's airway is made entirely out of Teflon which has a smouldering point miles above it's top temperature). Your story is very touching and I'm sorry that this had to happen man, I hope you can find a way to recover or at least manage your illness my friend.

I have been wondering though, what sort of manufacturing materials do you think they use in E-Cigarettes? I mean over here you can get one for £6.99 in convenience stores and even less online... that cant mean very good things about the metals they are using to make them. I have just started using a slightly more expensive eGo CE4 and you have really made me think twice and to be honest I don't think I'll be picking it up tomorrow... at least until I contact the vendor to find out the exact materials that are in the air path.

I honestly find it disgusting that some people are on here essentially letting manufacturers off for the materials they put in their products. If you design/build something, especially when your product is intended to be consumed by humans, you should honestly put thought into the quality and properties of the materials your using. Corporate responsibility is still a thing and companies still have to make products that are designed to be safe for their intended purpose, 'illicit' or not. I don't care about what anyone here has to say about "free market" and "no regulation," if a company designs a product that is unsafe they are the ones ultimately responsible and that product, whatever it may be, should be removed from the market and most definitely damages paid to those affected by it. Imagine if Apple brought out an iPhone containing mercury, lead paint and other toxic materials and someone got as ill as the OP... there would be a multi-million dollar lawsuit and the products would be yanked from sale the day it was known; no one would sit around saying "it's a cheaper option... you get what you pay for". These people need to be shut down, arrested and put in jail for this! Just because it's a cheap product doesn't mean it should seriously effect your health!

I wish you the best of luck with your recovery OP & I really applaud your effort trying to get the message out. =]

6. Bump just for public knowledge. Seriously this thread should be sticky.

TOTALLY agree.

that's the only bone i'd pick with what you said... you may be smart enough, i may be, but the average guy probably isn't. given the state of education these days, i'd be surprised if many people even understand things like heavy metal toxicity.

9. Was this ever confirmed? From what I can see in this thread the op never really knew if it was the vapes causing it.