Cheap 150 watt hps sun system

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Autoflower, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Although thats quite cheap compared to the regular retial price, I've heard those hoods are alittle dodgy for closet growers (which is who they're aimed at really)

The ballast is built into the hood, and you cant vent the heat properly from the hood, it will allways heat the whole closet/mini tent etc.

When i finally upgrade to HPS I'll invest in a ballast, so that i can
    A) Keep the ballast seperate from my grow area, for heat reasons
    B) Allow the bulb to be Used in a Cooltube, or a hood that allows external venting
    C) Have a light fitting that wont put alot of strain on the Yo-Yo's or fittings it hanginf from (thats 5 kgs?)

2. yea i have all remote ballasts just thought somebody may be able to use it out there ya know :)

3. They're probably one of the cheapest options to move from CFL to HPS, great if you have a small tent, 16k lumens is about right for 2 plants; 150 watts of cfl's is only about 10k lumens, enough for one plant really.

4. yea im sure somebody out there will use it........hey my first light was a wired ballast held inside a coffee canister outside my grow box so yea lol oh good ol times lol:smoking: