CHAZ - The Capital Hill Autonomous Free Zone

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vicious, Jun 11, 2020.

1. i was always to understand the color green was universal. green will bend any color of knee that will indeed bend. maybe kanye is the one bending his knee. either that or perhaps they are both taking turns as the bottom.

kanye fucking west and donald fucking trump. a pairing such that only a malevolent mind could have dreamt it up. unbelievable... no not really unbelievable. anything is possible in today's America.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. the "mob" is still breaking glass and being antagonistic rioters in Seattle. i can not fathom that anyone can support this behavior.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. I'm not sure why all these veterans are coming out in the support of protesters.

4. i'm not sure what MOS these "vets" represent. the label "vet" gets tossed around a lot but each branch in the military has thousands of jobs (MOS), and only a handful of MOSs require carrying a rifle. there certainly could be some combat veterans on the front lines, and bless them if they are, but my first guess is those "vets" are what us combat vets label as REMF's - Rear Echelon Mother Fuckers, and they never had a hard day in the military since they left boot camp.

just saying "vet" is a label that means one thing to one veteran and a completely different thing to another veteran. the "vet" label gets no free pass from me and my ilk. glad they served and i hope it was a good job experience for them. it takes all kinds of soldiers, airmen, navy, and marines to support just one rifle toting grunt so no disrespect from me. but all military soldiers take "the oath" and if those "vets" think they are doing what's morally right more power to them as civilians, but imo dont use the "vet" label to somehow attempt to heighten the sense of justification or endorsement of an action or their individual actions. it's just a generic label like, white, black, brown, red.

make sense? "vets" get no free pass by virtue of having spent time in a military branch. hope this makes sense. it was a job everyone volunteered for since the end of the draft. they served, they got paid, they get benefits. i just dont see the significance of "vets" at a protest.

5. It's hard to say that anyone who'd enlisted isn't a patriot. Even if they wound up having a "desk job" ...

I don't know what "free pass" you are taking about, but as far as the United States of America is concerned being a vet definitely has some benefits.

6. idk if i can explain it to you or not but I'll take a swing at it.

I'm a veteran. i respect all veterans who honorably served. being a veteran myself i dont expect special treatment. i dont think that if i was on the front lines protesting that labeling myself a vet brings anything special as a message to the protest. being a vet doesnt give me a free pass on anything imo. that's all i'm saying.

and yes, all military, paramilitary, most federal jobs all require an oath to protect and defend the constitution yada, yada. state employees, legal profession, every leo job, etc. take an oath to protect and defend. that is what a lot of people consider being patriotic.

and i know of many instances of "stolen valor", and in several instances have met people who claimed to be vets and i knew after a minutes of discussion they were never in any military branch - liars. so, that's my foundation when i say that just because "vets" are on the front lines protesting imo it doesn't add one thing to the cause or the protest itself.

that's all I'm saying about "vets" protesting; big fucking deal. they're civilians doing what they think is the right thing. no big deal that they're "vets".

hope that makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yes, not every veteran is an upstanding human being, and being a veteran doesn't mean much in some cases.

However, are you passing that judgement onto every single person in that group?
    You don't think that, perhaps, some of those people are true patriots and actually were and are upstanding citizens?

I think the point is that while one should not assume that every veteran is an angel, likewise it's likely that when it comes to patriotism and believing in what's best for America, a veteran is more likely to represent the right segment of population as opposed to a gang member, for example.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. perhaps. i dont think that every veteran is necessarily "pro right, pro gun, hetrosexual, conservative, MAGA" , etc. either. there are an estimated 18M+ vets in the US. based on my life experience it is unwise to assume anything about anyone simply based on their "label".

i just dont see any great significance that some people, claiming to be veterans or are veterans, show up at a protest, and simply by said presence and "vet" status boost the message of the protest or, validate the protest as being on the side of "right" and is therefore justified. "look! those people are protesting as veterans. their cause must be righteous." just doesn't work for me. i dont know what their thoughts are so they get no free pass from me just because they are "vets".

• Like Like x 2
  9. I don't know what is right or wrong anymore. But I will not be on the side of oppression and hatred for your fellow citizens and neighbors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1