Charity?

Discussion in 'General' started by SamRod06, Oct 14, 2008.

1. if you just came up on a crazy amount of money, would you give any away to charity?
    honestly i can say i wouldnt....

2. Absolutely not. The people that say they would, probably wouldn't. Everything changes once you get into the other persons position.

3. after watching the show entourage, i think everytime celebs that drops sum cash on a charity is doing it only to help their image....

4. hells nah.

that is all

5. i would like to be a philanthropist.
    Only if i had enough money to keep my self comfortably wealthy.
    Thats the truth.

6. you guys wouldnt give anymoney at all?

well thats not right.

i would give away some money, by no means ALL but some

and actully, i might not just give it to charity, but go to the city prolly new york, and pay homeless people to tell me how they got there, and i'll buy them an extremely nice dinner :)

truth

-BW

7. If it was enough money that I could live comfortably for a while or invest it to keep myself going then yes, if it was just enough to have fun or get a house or something then no.

8. i wouldnt drop a dime, no matter the amount

9. I still stand by my statement.
    :)

10. As a college student with tons of future debt...no.

11. Depends how much money it was.

Even though they probly wouldnt if they had the money, Karma Karma Karma.

It doesn't meen you give them alllll your money just a little.

A little money can go a long way.

12. part....

this thread title is misleading :(

13. yea it depends on the amount. If i was making ridiculous amounts where i could live the lifestyle i wanted comfortably, and be able to leave enough money to support my family as well, then i would absolutely donate money to charities... however i highly doubt i will ever make that much money

14. all it takes is effort.
    :)

15. Of course.

Anyone who wouldn't is selfish and may be a little hypocritical.

16. My father died this summer and I received some money and gave quite a bit to our local volunteer fire department. I live in the mountains and never know when I'll need them to come to my house. I have a 2 year old son and want to do what I can to assist a group that might need to save him one day. Our volunteer fire department struggles so I felt that was a good thing to do.

You never know when you're going to need help yourself. I think if you can help others, then you should.

If I hit a ton of money, though. I'd almost prefer to give directly to individuals and families that obviously need assistance rather than a huge popular charity that will dish the money out how they choose.