Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Charged with Possession of Marijuana help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheHempCat, Jul 10, 2012.

1. So I recently got arrested for possession of more than 2.5 but less than 10 grams of marijuana. But I know for a fact that there was less than 2.5 grams. I know this because my buddies purchased a skimped 8th (guy wanted $65 but we only had $55). So there was probably 3.2 or 3 grams in the bag. We smoked a blunt, 2 bowls and 2 hitters. So there couldn't be more than 2.5 grams in the bag. The cop just eye balled it, I didnt see him use a scale. Is there any way I can get them to actually weigh it out? Or am I just fucked? I live in Illinois so it would change from a class B misdemeanor to a class C misdemeanor.

2. Your fucked

3. They weighed the weed in the bag still. They did the same to me.

4. bro you're fucked you're gonna end up in a cell with Big Bubba have fun ;)

5. see that's the thing, I was sitting in front of him the entire time and he did not use a scale. But he didn't say I was being charged with paraphernalia (there was a hitter in the bag). So there is nothing I can do?

6. #6 ZiggyNugs, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    Live and learn... You´ll probably get 1 year or 6 months probation at the most IMO and a fine. If its your first offence...

Just don´t get busted again man seriously, if your in the wrong state and end up with a felony will make life twice as hard on you...

7. Yea it is my first offense, what sucks is it wasn't even my bud, I just had the pockets to hold it and some person reported us to the cops. I'm hoping for court supervision so I can still get financial aid for school.

8. This!!! I've been busted too man I feel your pain.

9. Since its your first. I'm guessing you'll have to go to a drug class, 15 hours community service max.

10. #10 ZiggyNugs, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012

Still illegal... I know its bull... Show up and admit guilt to the judge is your best bet... He should go pretty easy on you... Jusst know who to trust from now on and only smoke indoors... I went to jail once for a guy throwing bud on the ground and nobody claiming it from the vehicle... Just dont get in trouble on probation dude... seriously...

If you get in trouble withing in the next few years it will effect your bud smoking the rest of your life... If you want to keep enjoying the ganja, be extra careful

11. not really sure if there is a good comparison, but my friend got caught with a whole ounce on him when he was 16 and got six months of probation. i figure if you're over 18 and get caught with 2.5 grams, that really isn't much. you will probably get probation. make sure you stay clean and pass your drug tests. then smoke a fat blunt when you get through it!

12. When I got arrested with just a joint, they weighed it in the joint and I ended up going to court but the judge said she liked where my life was heading and I told her I quit, got off with nothing. My wrestling coach signed the community hours for me so I wouldnt miss practice. But I was 16 back then..

13. Illinois probably has way different laws on weed than ny. But probation? Thats insane. I got caught in march with like a qtr oz and all they gave me was acd[adjourment in contemplation of dismissal] for a year. Just basically have to stay out of trouble for a year. But like I said your states probably got different views on it, I doubt you'll get probation though.

14. You should talk to the DA (district attorney). I went to college in Illinois and my buddy got arrested for 8 grams and 2 bongs. He had like a $3300 bail and shit, it was fucked. Illinois is still SUPER strict about weed. I lived on the river, just across the border from St. Louis, Missouri, so if I needed to smoke openly, I went across the river into MO where it's decriminalized :eek:

Talk to the DA man. Talk to a lawyer too, actually. And at your court date, which I'm sure you have, you need to explain that you want to dispute the evidence and state your reasoning. Again, tell this all to a lawyer :)

15. You should talk to a lawyer because I think you can make them weigh it..they keep all that in evidence so it's still around..either way a decent lawyer can get t dropped to use..good luck

16. That's like court supervision I think, and that's usually what they give for first offences. You can usually get it expunged as well

17. I've also talked to one of my friends who had been arrested for possession and they said he had more than he actually had. He ended up getting it weighed out and it was such a big difference that they just dropped the case.