chapin sprayer not pressurizing

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by califlower, Jan 12, 2016.

1. hey guys,
    I've been using my 1949 sprayer to do my foliar sprays and today it wasnt able to pressurize. Anyone else have this problem? the sprayer is less than 6 months old and its been working fine up until now and I'm certain that I'm installing the pump correctly. No response from chapin yet so I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks!

2. Try rotating the black locking doohickey (triangular shape) on the pressure assembly clockwise/counterclockwise (not sure which) to roll it DOWN the screw assembly that it revolves around. This should allow for the locking doohickey to fit better into the locking threads on the sprayer housing when put into place to pressurize the can. The locking doohickey need to progress ALL the way to the end set of the locking threads on the sprayer housing. I have to do it periodically with mine...

Hope that didn't confuse you too much. Probably not the best explanation I could proffer... [​IMG]

If you can't get it figured out, post some good pic's of your sprayer (canister and the pressurizing unit, specifically the top portions where everything fits together) and I'll attempt to walk you through it.

3. check the hose connections. if one came a bit lose it will leak pressure.

4. Great answer Waktoo.

I've had mine go funky on me and not lock down so that the rubber o-ring wouldn't seat itself preventing it from pressurizing. I had to play with it for a few minutes but once it locked down it was fine again.

J

5. I've had the issue with not rotating the black plate all the way clockwise so I'm sure it wasn't that. I spoke to a lady at chapin and theyre sending me new gaskets free of charge. I was waiting to have to pull out my CC but was amazed at the customer service! [​IMG]