changing water in bubbleponics system

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by scrogthemhoes, Nov 23, 2011.

1. hey got a question if anyone knows the answer let me know what ya think, i have a bubbleponics system in flowering right now and its been a while since ive changed the water in it little over 2 weeks probly but i keep adding water and the ph stays fine, should i just keep adding the water and let it do its thing or should i put some fresh water and nutes in the tank? im not sure if i need to add more nutes if i just keep adding water or what? any suggestions?:smoke:

2. I used to just top off like you are doing and it isfine but I really do notice a lot better growth if I just dump and change nutes once a week. I even let each bucket soak in bleach water with the airstones for a little to ensure a clean system. Those air stones hold bacteria bad and then spew it out with th air

3. Yeah I change my res once a week, but sometimes I go two weeks, between changes. I top off with regular tap water.

You should change it at least once every two weeks.

Also Kingofkings is right about the air stones. Not many grow guides will tell you to disinfect your air stones regularly because its an easy detail to overlook. I change mine often, the ones I use are so darn cheap.

4. [quote name='"CrackLemonade"']Yeah I change my res once a week, but sometimes I go two weeks, between changes. I top off with regular tap water.

You should change it at least once every two weeks.

Also Kingofkings is right about the air stones. Not many grow guides will tell you to disinfect your air stones regularly because its an easy detail to overlook. I change mine often, the ones I use are so darn cheap.[/quote]

Not really needed to disinfect if using beneficial bacteria. I spray the bucket out, the air stones and black tubing off but thats about it.

5. Your right I forgot about that.

I hate my tap water, the choramine kills any beneficials. I hate lugging water up stairs more. I am getting an RO setup.

6. [quote name='"CrackLemonade"']

Your right I forgot about that.

I hate my tap water, the choramine kills any beneficials. I hate lugging water up stairs more. I am getting an RO setup.[/quote]

I use tap as well. Bb works wonderful.

7. dude it is essential to use at the minimum a brita filter

what size buckets are you using?
    how long veg?
    what strain?
    i change rez every 2 weeks and top off with just pure r/o water(with tons of blue agave nectar added weeks 3-8)

8. [quote name='"jakeleish"']dude it is essential to use at the minimum a brita filter

what size buckets are you using?
    how long veg?
    what strain?
    i change rez every 2 weeks and top off with just pure r/o water(with tons of blue agave nectar added weeks 3-8)[/quote]

Essential? Really? Look at my girls. Journal in sig.

9. yea i see how its essential to change that shit more often, this is my first grow so im just kinda playin around and seein what to do and what not to do, all i really have available is tap water which i leave sitting out for a few days before i ever use it its been working fine for the most part the ph balances out with the nutes and everything but i waited a long time to change my water before i did it yesterday and now my girls look all sick and droopy and i just noticed the roots are all slimy and shit any ideas about what to do for that? i need help! lol

10. thanks for the other info too

11. I was referring to it being "Essential to at least using a brita filter". It's not. Depending on where you live and the shit thats in your water. Don't make comments that are absolutes, when you've not yet finished your first grow.

12. ok, any idea how to get rid of the root slime?

13. [quote name='"scrogthemhoes"']ok, any idea how to get rid of the root slime?[/quote]

Beneficial Bacteria. See my journal in my Sig.

14. hydrogen peroxide 15ml per gal

15. [quote name='"bongboi"']
    hydrogen peroxide 15ml per gal[/quote]

If you do that, be prepared to use it throughout the entire grow.

16. i think im fucked its not getting any better i got 4 more about to go into flower here soon i think ill just clone the best one and get those under the SCrog i just built last week and take that as a lesson lol im just glad i didnt lose everything and have to start from seed

17. would it be ok to just use that tea all the time? i just dont wana go through this shit with my next try at this

18. [quote name='"scrogthemhoes"']would it be ok to just use that tea all the time? i just dont wana go through this shit with my next try at this[/quote]

That tea can be used through the entire grow and will only help. Did you read the entire thing? It's very clear hon.

19. [quote name='"jakeleish"']dude it is essential to use at the minimum a brita filter[/quote]

I tried RO water after weeks of success with tap water and the pH went apeshit. Changed them back to tap and they love it.

20. [quote name='"synnerg"']

I tried RO water after weeks of success with tap water and the pH went apeshit. Changed them back to tap and they love it.[/quote]

Yeah. I don't like absolute type ppl, especially when I'm proof it's not absolute lol.