changing the 12/12 light cycle

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by stonymontana, Mar 17, 2009.

1. #1 stonymontana, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
    i heard up to 10/14 is most darkeness you can give to speed up flowering. This would affect your yeild a lot though wouldnt it? On my 600watt loft grows at the moment im giving them 11.45/12.15 as i heard if you gave 15mins more light than darkness it would have a big impact of the flowering so im hoping doing the opposite will make a difference speeding up flower cos theyre taking longer than my other grow.

2. #2 Klutter, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2009
    I would not recommend this. Each strain has it's own 'maturity' time.... it's why most grow with clones, to KNOW when they will be ready.

Trying to force a plant to mature faster is like microwaving a steak because you dont have time to let it fry. Sure, you have a 'cooked' steak in front of you - but is that what you really paid for? What you wanted? Probably not.... same with a plant. You've spent all this time, energy, research, etc to make your plants the 'best they can be'. Dont fuck'em at the end....

Let her work her magic bro... with the current light schedule ya have now...

Just my .02