changing my mom's mind?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ichi, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Hey guys. So, long story short mi madre is completely anti-herb. My dad smoked weed and moved onto harder drugs cause he's a dumb fuck, so she thinks the same thing will happen to me. She's already caught me once, but i've been thinking about trying to explain to her that marijuana isn't harmful and she shouldn't believe the bullshit propaganda that she was brought up on.

So, anyone in a similar situation or have any advice? I was thinking of showing her The Union and some other stuff I had in mind.

2. Most likely u wont change her mind. Just keep hiding if u have too.

The Union was good but even i thought it was a little biased.

3. Give her a Granny shot. Like this; :smoke:

http://forum.grasscity.com/tokers-q/1077600-mom-found-pipe.html#post15222221

Start reading, hon! Only you can know which ones will work best with your Mom! Print up the best!

When Your Kid Smokes Pot (news – 2008)
    When Your Kid Smokes Pot | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs. (news – 2008)
    Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs.

Calling B.S. on the Idea of 'Marijuana Addiction' (news – 2008)
    Calling B.S. on the Idea of 'Marijuana Addiction' | Drugs | AlterNet

Excerpt from the Merck Manual (excerpt- 1987) http://www.ukcia.org/research/merck.htm

Merck Manual - Marijuana (Cannabis) (excerpt - 2008)
    http://www.merckmanuals.com/professi...rijuana&***=sh

Claims Linking Health Problems And The Strength Of Cannabis May Be Exaggerated (news - 2008)
    Claims Linking Health Problems And The Strength Of Cannabis May Be Exaggerated

Medical use of cannabinoids does not cause an increase in serious adverse health effects (news - 2008) International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Report: Marijuana Less Harmful than Alcohol or Tobacco (news - 2008)
    Report: Marijuana Less Harmful than Alcohol or Tobacco | The Partnership

Deaths from Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs (Jan. 1, 1997 to June 30, 2005) (report - 2009) Deaths from Marijuana v. 17 FDA-Approved Drugs - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

Harms associated with psychoactive substances: findings of the UKNational Drug Survey (abst - 2009)
    Unbound MEDLINE | Harms associated with psychoactive substances: findings of the UK National Drug Survey. PubMed Journal article

Marijuana-Related Health Costs Minimal Compared To Those Of Alcohol, Tobacco (news - 2009) Marijuana-Related Health Costs Minimal Compared To Those Of Alcohol, Tobacco

An index of fatal toxicity for drugs of misuse. (full - 2010)
    Alcohol - Lancet 2010

Alcohol 'Most Harmful Drug', According to Multicriteria Analysis
    (news - 2010) Alcohol 'most harmful drug', according to multicriteria analysis

Annual Causes of Death in the United States (article – 2011)
    Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Those should give you some talking points! And if she brings up lung cancer, or amotivational syndrome- just click that first link in my sig for the studies to counteract her fears with the medical facts! [​IMG]

And the rest of you who may get into a similar situation may possibly want to bookmark this post as a "just in case"! [​IMG]

Granny [​IMG]

4. Really appreciate the responses guys. I'll definitely be using those links and seeing what else I can use to support my case.

Hope this works