Changing my 12/12 light hour timers

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by moontoc, Dec 26, 2012.

1. #1 moontoc, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
    This is my first grow so forgive if this sounds silly, but I put my girls on 12/12 lighting 22 days ago. I have heard it is VERY BAD to mess with your plants light cycle during flowering.
    They are beautiful and healthy, but the problem is that I set the timer to come on at 11:00 AM and off at 11:00 PM and my grow room is not attached to the house. It gets dark about 4:30 PM and if time I open the door after dark it is "Bless the Lord and Hallelujah!" like when Chevy Chase's Christmas lights finally come on in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! It practically lights up the entire block! Way, way too obvious, conspicuous and dangerous.
    I can dash home from work during my lunch to take care of them during daylight some of the time, but not nearly enough. Nor reliably.
    Question: Will it cause harm to my beauties if I change their light cycle from 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM to 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM :confused: Or even 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM?
    They are doing so well I do NOT want to do ANYTHING to compromise them.

It was not complete stupidity on my part. Boss changed my shift at work without notice. When I set the timers originally I had a good five and a half hour window to go in and out.

Attached Files: