Changing light spectrums

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CANADAgreen, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Hi,
    I have two auto flowering plants growing they are currently under 6 23 watt daylight cfls. They are 16 days old, and one of them has already shown its pistils. Should I be changing my bulbs to 2700k now or waiting longer?

2. I've never had an auto flowering plant, but my guess will be to go ahead and switch the bulbs or maybe half. As you know both bulbs will grow plants. It's just that one it's better for certain stages than the other. One of your plants it's not showing its pistils yet so maybe half the bulbs? Anybody else has an opinion?

3. Sounds like you're pretty spot on with your assumption. I let all of mine start to flower before I switched from MH to HPS but any time from right now to a few days should be about perfect for you to switch.

4. Yea I was kind of thinking the same thing, I was just worried that due to their size, I might still want some of of the blue spectrum to increase veg growth.

5. I dont know how much it would help but if it was me anyway I would do whatever I thought would give the highest yeild... Thought thought thought lol

6. Even if you switch lights "early" you'll be fine. Don't get too hung up on forum norms and ideals. After this, my first year of growing (so far from an expert) I've basically decided I will veg under HPS instead of MH. Unless I set up a veg tent/cabinet and then I'll probably try out t5 but that's completely unrelated sorry lol.

I',m not saying the forum is full of bad info, just that a lot of people get hung up on the wrong details.