Change.org makes it to CNN!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by agent0064life, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Not sure if they've discussed it on their TV network, but they have an article online about change.org's final round already... I think it's safe to say if we do come out on top with this site, we will garner a lot of attention.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0463664.htm

2. Final Round of Change.org Voting Starts Now!
    Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:25:22 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director
    Share This Article [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Starting today, Change.org (not to be confused with the Obama administration's website, Change.gov, which is also running a poll) has begun it's final round of voting on public policy questions for the incoming administration.
    As many of you know, our issue was the top vote getter in the preliminary voting, so there's a very good chance that - with your help - we will finish #1.
    And it is important that we do.
    According to the website:
    “The top 10 rated ideas from the final round will be presented to the Obama administration on January 16th at an event at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, co-hosted by the Case Foundation. At the event we will also announce the launch of a national advocacy campaign behind each idea in collaboration with our nonprofit partners to turn each idea into actual policy.“
    Change.org's press conference will no doubt be covered by the mainstream media. Imagine the splash we will make when the public's call to legalize marijuana is presented as the #1 idea for the new administration.
    Well, we won't have to imagine if you get out and vote!
    Right now, the public's call to “legalize the medicinal and recreational use of marijuana” is the most popular issue on the website. (A related question asking Obama to “end the war on drugs” is #4.) However, several other important issues are just a few votes behind, so it is vital that those of you reading this post take the time to log on to the Ideas for Change website and vote to make cannabis legalization the #1 issue in America!
    Voting ends at 5pm eastern time on Thursday, January 15.
    Help us put the new administration and the national press on notice on January 16, 2008. Please forward this post to your friends and colleagues, and most of all: vote!

http://norml.org/

That is so huge. Not only is it going to be mentioned by CNN, But on January 16th, it will be mentioned everywhere.

3. i really really hope everyone here goes and votes for this, obama is a person who really might act on this!

4. WE can only hope! but so far we are doing good i voted on change.gov and change.comand there is deffinitley a lot of people wanting marijuana legalized. there are also lots of people who have been sending letters to there represenitive's (like me) and demanding change in the marijuana laws. Ahh......i can feel a revolution a brewin!

5. i didn't quite understand your six point conversation comment. would you care to go into as much depth as possible on the subject. i'm replying to your thread because i could not find the PM option. thanks