change light cycle?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by derwos, Jun 28, 2011.

1. #1 derwos, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    I've got 2 plants, I think the breed is called Smile. At least, that's what they were labeled. They were extra seeds I got from a website, that came with another order. I looked up Smile on their site and the only plant called smile that came up was "underground originals smile" which apparently is supposed to flower after 8-9 weeks, and it's only been a little under 5 and I've already noticed some white hairs on both plants - about two hairs per plant so far, and I haven't even reduced the light cycle. In fact I've had the lights on almost constantly. Right now the plants are a bit over a foot tall.

Anyway, I was wondering if that's enough information for anyone to advise me on whether or not to change light cycle to 12/12 and fertilize accordingly. I'm not sure what to do, maybe they're autoflower and I didn't know. Speaking of which, has anyone ever had a non-autoflowering breed start to grow white hairs before they changed the light cycle? I'm new at this, if you hadn't guessed.

2. I've had a few start showing pistils under 24 hour light. My Jilly Bean was showing pistils for a while and has been under 24 hour light for a month or so. I just put her into flowering cycle on Saturday and is now showing more pistils. She is not an auto. Got her as a clone from a club