CFL's

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cork144, Jul 16, 2008.

1. i baught a CFL for my grow box, its 15watt about 15cm in length and says 2700k, i dont know how many lumens that is, would i need 2 in there? and would they be ok for veg and flowering?

2. Get another 9 and you might be able to grow 2 plants. Also thats the flowering spectrum get a variety. You need to get much bigger CFLs at least the 60s or 80s.

Peace.

3. heh ur always the one giving me the adivce mels and i appreaciate it, sorry didnt add that im growing one plant indoors, (germinating about 5 seeds to assure im going to get a female, all other females will probably go in the shed to grow)

males will be grown for afew weeks then ill slaughter them and put them in the composter.

4. sorry bout double post but im also going to take clippings from the female before she flowers so that ill have a constant plant in flower. (creating a 2nd box to grow the clippings in and move them into the big box when the mother plant is harvested)

5. Ok so if you have two boxes you may as well make both the veg and flower spectrums dominate in their own box, what other lighting are you using or is its a pure CFL grow like mine? :D

6. CFL only, 2nd box wont be made till my gf lets me have more than 1 plant(gotta convince her to let metake clippings)

so how many cfls will i need in 1 box for 1 plant? 2? 3?

7. Hey Cork,

One thing to note...if you havent grown before.... obviously, I dont know what you're smoke habits are.

But based on your current config you MIGHT get a couple quarter bags.

Just keep that in mind.... when I first began I had no clue what a yield would bring me.... I IMMEDIATELY upgraded from CFL to HPS once I chopped my first plant.

4 CFLS - 1 chronic plant - less than 1oz yield after 90 days of work.

I smoke way more than that... :)

8. You will need at least 100 actual, not equivalent watts per plant this can be achieved in one bulb you can even double that, which is what I do. Let me know if you need help with anything else in always happy to help bro.

Peace

9. im on about a oz a week, thats why i cant afford fancy lighting :hello:

10. 1z a week - you better use a better method than CFL for your harvest...unless you are chopping every week on a perpetual grow....

:hello::hello:

11. yea gonna take clippings so i always have a flowering lot:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

12. Bro - if you are able to grow and clone... then you already know... CFL is for the micro grower who needs stealth above all else.

You grow with HPS... for personal use, you can do what I do... grow for 6 months outta the year, take the other 6 months off and enjoy your harvest.

You wont achieve this with CFL.....

13. were a group of 4 friends, 1 harvest wont do us for 6 months so i gotta keep a constant flowering plant on the go.