CFL's How is 65w @ "400" lumens enough

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mrsoft47, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Hi Have a 65w Twist CFL from philips and it apparently puts out 4000 lumen - @ 6500k
    I want this for just a couple of plants and i'm wondering if "4000" lumens is enough?

I also have some 30w 2700k bulbs for Flowering but i'm really just wondering if the 65w would be enough if kept close to the plants?:wave:

2. maybe if your only gonna flower one and itd have to be small... gonna be skimpy either way.. def enough to veg though

3. General rule of thumb is 100w per plant (or per square foot if SOG style). The more light you have, the better the end result.

4. yeah for flowering i'm gonna take the 6500k down and have 3 x 30w 2700k lights going I reckon that should be enough hey:D

Is that 100w of real watts? or is that equiv to 100w?

does that mean that since my 65w is eqiv to 240w i'm good for 2 plant of the one light?

5. no equivalents.

leave the 65w in there and add the rest. i'd do it now, but its your plant:smoke:

6. I agree. Add more light. I am using over 400 watts of cfl light in my armoire

7. yeah i might do that, but it's not to critical right now coz i haven't sprouted the beans as yet..... they're wet, and i'm waiting for those puppies to come to life

thanks guys..

8. You can leave the 6500K in there during flowering, it will only help. You can also put the 2700Ks in there during vegging, your plants will love it. Hell, when I'm using only one box to grow in I don't pay attention to the spectrums on bulbs, I just throw them all in there. It's better for the plant to have more light of mixed spectrum bulbs, than to take away half of it's light to use what everyone says is the optimal spectrum.

Also, that's only a total of 155w of light with all your bulbs. You could run down to home depot and pick up another 40w bulb, and you should be golden for 2 plants.

Equivalant wattage is a useless marketing tool. We all know that CFL is brighter and produces more lumen per watt than an incandescant. The quicker you learn to ignore this, the better off you'll be ;)

9. and my wife could start asking where is all this money going...... but I might do it anyways cheers

many thanks;)