CFL Soft White vs. Cool White (daylights) Results

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Vokal420, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Alright well since changing my setup from soft whites to daylight bulbs which is "supsoed" to be better for veg growth but seemed to make my plants grow slower I decided to use my camera and do a little reseach on the subject. So i set my grow up with Daylight CFL from phillips and ran it for 5 hours using my camera and computer to do a timelapse video of how the plants are looking inside of the chamber. Although i want to do the test atleast 1 more time i think i have successfully proven that warm white CFLs will grow your plants faster than the daylights. I would love to post the videos for everyone to see but there around 13 megs for the 5 hour timelapse and i can't attach it here. If one of the admins could help me out in figuring out a way so u guys can view them that would be great. Right now i have 3 videos one with daylights, one with warm whites, and one with half and half...It's amazing when you watch the half and half...you can see the plant growing and moving toward the light and then when i turned on the daylights the stopped and literally started to droop away. Anyway sorry to tease you guys like this but as of right now i have no where to host the vids. Anyway back to set up another timelapse and off to school.
    Vokal

2. IM me, I'll host it.

3. ok, well i am about to buy my lights or some more lights. so did you say the warm CFls work better for vegging? or did you mean flowering? or what? sorry, i may still be a little high. but if you could explain super detailed which ones are best and then 2nd and 3rd that would be awesome, for vegging and flowering. thanks so much!

4. Id say that would be correct vokal, but the growth your witnessing is mainly stem elongation.The Red spectrum is used more efficiently by the plant than the blue spectrum, But the red spectrum encourages larger node spacing than the blue spectrum which basically means the plant will grow taller quicker under the warm whites, but a smaller plant under daylights will probably have more nodes! Wouldnt mind seeing the time lapse video though, be cool ;) Good luck!
    CWL

5. ^^ Yea what he said, you'll have looser fluffier nugs for the final product, as opposed to solid dense nugs... daylights, or cool whites, though would be better for veggin than the warm white would...simulates nature's light better...