CFL scrog grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by funi, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Hello Everyone.

I've been researching the best way to grow with minimal space. I can't use HPS/MH lighting because i can't make a box over 3-4'. SOO i was wondering if this setup would work. If i get a yes on this then I'll have a journal going in a month or 2 for everyone :D

PLEASE any input would be great!

DIMENSIONS:

5'x2'x3.5'
    W x D x H

TOP VIEW OF BOX [CFL's]

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=140405&stc=1&d=1225490286

Each box is 1 square foot.
    Each [blue dot] represents a 26w 2700k or 26w 6400k CFL.
    *there are 40 [blue dot]'s
    during VEG 10 plants will have 40 6400k CFLS
    during FLOWER 10 plants will have 40 2700k CFLS
    4 CFLS / plant @ 3'' away.

I WILL BE USING THE SCROG METHOD.
    there will be a screen at 2' which i will use to tie down each plant to keep it from growing vertically. This allows me to keep all CFL's 3-4'' away from all plants.

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=140406&stc=1&d=1225490600

The [yellow] represent the CFL's.[will be adjustable to go lower or higher]
    The [green] represent where the screen will be and where the plants will be tied down.
    The [red] represent the pots heights.

104w / plant
    6800 lumens / plant

but yeah, any advice? There will be lots of ventilation and fans blowing. if anyone has a similar grow box PLEASE tell me your setup!

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :smoking:

Attached Files:

• top.jpg
      top.jpg
      File size:
      17.5 KB
      Views:
    • side.jpg
      side.jpg
      File size:
      17.5 KB
      Views:
  2. I'm gonna say go for it! You will need some major ventilation with over 1000watts of cfls in that space. Be sure and look into how to keep them cool!

3. You may need to watch heat build up. I just started a small experiment cabinet is standard kitchen base cabinet 1.5' wide2' deep 2'high. If i run 4 150 w,42 watt bulbs temps go to 90 degrees which I have read are too High? if I only run 2 bulbs temps are 75 to 80. I have intake 3" hole with computer fan and exhaust 3" fan into my house plumbing vent system up through the roof.

Currently have 6 seedlings getting ready to go to grow area same size with 1, 70 wattHHPS and will probably add 1 or 2 CFL 42 watts depending on temps.
    I might need to go down to 100 watt,24 watt bulbs to reduce heat

Any one have optimum temperature recommendations , 75 to 80?
    is 90 too high
    Smoke hole
    get er done

4. I run 3 26 watt cfls and i keep my temps down. Just make sure your inside has good reflection be it white or mylar and you will need a good exauhst. i wouldnt realy recomend computer fans for cfl grows maybe led's but not cfls. And yea 90 for your temp will be a little too high, maybe with proper watering you could stay there for a little but you need to lower it at some point

5. def watch out for the cfls heat output. whenever I hit them with my thermo gun they are putting out about 95-100 degrees. I have a small fan but I also have a small heater and have never hit any problems once I got the thermostat on the heater dialed in

6. 3x2x3.5

400w HID ur choice

mechanibus' DIY guide for a stanley blower.

use the blower to cool the hood and exhaust the room. passive intake

3 plants scrogged.

half the space, half the watts, half the hassle, half the wiring and installation, half the plants to manage... similar yield and sexier nugs. done

7. #7 iCLONE, Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2010
    Try to add a glass barrier between the lights and the grow
    chamber. I would use more than one piece of glass and I
    would aluminum angle (1/4") to frame the inside so the
    glass can rest on the aluminum. Put a strip of thermal
    foam tape on between the aluminum angle and the glass
    for a good seal. Check the package for "thermal" or heat
    rating. If you have the option of ducting then you can vent
    at your discretion.

Use separate air supply for the grow chamber.

Good Luck .....

Attached Files:

8. I have 2.5ftwide 2 ft deep. 7 foot tall ikea wardrobe. Cfl only grow box. If you want some pointers I'll be glad to help out. I have only a few lights and run high yields. I can share help if you need it. Message me

9. ScROOG + LST = DANK SHIT