CFL, mystery strain grow.

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Cflguy, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Hey fellow growers, it's nice to be back on GC. My current set up is a cardboard box with cfls. The dimensions of my space is 28"H 20"W 15"D. I have an exhaust fan set up and passive intake going on. I have a small 4" fan I'll use to circulate air and strengthen my plant's stalk. Using black gold starter soil and will transplant to FFOF by day 10. Currently it's been 6 days since planting and 4 days since sprout. Temps average between 76 to 80 and humidity is around 40%. Water PH is 6.4. The seed came out of a nug of dank that my friend got at the 2015 cannabis cup in Denver. I knew the strain name at the time but since forgot the name. I kept it vacuum sealed until I was able to have the time set aside to grow. I'm not growing to get a huge yield though quality matters. I smoke very rarely so my plan is to grow a quarter to a half ounce. I have many grows under my belt but advice is still welcome. Cardboard gets a bed rep so let's keep positive vibes in this thread. Will upload a pic when internet connection is better. Looking to see other's grow logs so please comment and share with me! :) happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1st pic is the bud the seed came from so it's what I can hope to expect harvest time. 2nd pic is my baby with her second set of true leaves emerging :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks awesome!

Hopefully the bugs off it look as good!

I'm subbed in looking good.

4. Still planning my first grow, pretty curious to see how well a cardboard cab performs. Subbed!

5. Following along. Looks like a good smoke

6. Been 7 days since sprout. She's slowly chugging along. Her second set of true leaves are developing still and her third set is starting to peak out. She'll get transplanted once her third set of leaves comes in.

Attached Files:

7. Day 10 since sprout. She was looking a bit droopy like she'd been over watered. Soil was dry. Figured she may need to be transplanted so I popped her out of her container and sure enough her roots were circling the bottom and sides. Prepared FFOF cut with 25% perlite. Temp is 77 with 40% humidity. Gave her a drink of ph'd water. She won't need nutes until flower thanks to the soil. I will water with seaweed extract every other watering. Pic would not upload due to poor connection. Will upload a pic when connection improves.

8. So she did suffer transplant shock but is coming out of it as evidenced by new growth and top leaves pointed up. She's not over watered though looks like she is. I've never had any plant go through transplant shock so it's a first for me. Scheisse happens. Her third set is coming in and working on her fourth.

Attached Files:

9. She's looking beautiful today. Leaves up and photosynthesis going on. Transplant shock I've read lasts 5 to 7 days. Mine bounced back in a day and a half. I treat all my babies with love.

Attached Files:

10. It's been a week since transplant. She's getting bigger. Working on her 5th node and the 6th is going to emerge in the next day or two. Side branches are coming in. She's definitely an indica dominate strain judging by her leaves. Wish I could remember her name, my buddy can't remember it either. I know it was very smooth smoke. A couple pics for your viewing pleasure.

Attached Files:

11. She's 3 weeks from sprout today. Sitting at under 4" tall. Lots of under growth and fat leaves like a good indica. Cotyledons are turning yellow which is normal. Nice and healthy. Going to flip to 12/12 very soon.

Attached Files:

12. She's 3 weeks from sprout today. Sitting at under 4" tall. Lots of under growth and fat leaves like a good indica. Cotyledons are turning yellow which is normal. Nice and healthy. Going to flip to 12/12 very soon.

13. Ok so I have a question but since I'm the only one posting on my own thread I'm not sure if anyone will answer it. I've never topped a plant but decided to do it this time. She's very healthy and was on her 8th node, I topped at her 5th node. They're lots of secondary branches going. She's due for a watering but I haven't watered yet since I just topped her. Do I water now or wait a bit?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thank you milly. I did end up watering after my post. It's not suffering any shock though it probably needs time to readjust. Never topped but I've lst'd and fimmed before. She's bushy and I plan on vegging a bit longer. My goal is a quarter to a half oz though I'm sure I'll get more. Any more than a half is like a bonus.

Attached Files:

15. Quick question, about cfls. Do you only use the white ones during veg, and redish ones during flower? Or a mix of both? I've asked before with no one answering so I've been using a mix. Which is better?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. There isn't really a better combination more so than preference. 2300 k is desirable in the flowering stage but is only found in HPS. The lowest lumens I've found in cfls is 2700k. I've used 2700 k alone in flower and I've also added a few 6500 k during flower. Adding 6500 k will help produce more trichomes and provides a full spectrum of lighting which isn't necessary but won't hurt either. Having too many 6500 k cfls in flower could cause it to go back to veg or make it herm so be careful how many you do use. If growing autoflower then lighting doesn't matter. Hope it helps you and thanks for those that have been with me on this grow so far :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. looks good man. How much wattage/bulbs are you using?