CFL lights for Vegging & germinating

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wxchiga, Sep 25, 2008.

1. #1 wxchiga, Sep 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
    I'm gonna give these plants 24 hours of lights from now on, and I'll move them under the sun when it's day time.

DSC00621.jpg

Theose two on the top are 1 week old (My cat finally broke into the growing room and killed one of the babe), and the other four are just starting to germinate, they've just popped up from the peat pellet(all four, within 2 days).

Is it looking good? The light set up and the little bud...

2. Those lights should be fine but you may want to get them a little closer. With CFLs you should be able to get within a couple or three inches especially if you have a small fan blowing on them. The bigger two plants are definitely stretching.

3. roger that my man, I've posted a new thread of some improvement I did to the lights! Hope you could see it and give more opinions to it~

4. +1 for sure. They are definitely stretching. Get those CFL's nice and close, within 1"-4". If you are unsure about distance, put your hand between the light and the plant and you will feel the heat which should allow you to make a good guesstimate on what "too close" is.