cfl LA Confidential

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by trixman22, May 27, 2010.

1. I have 167w of cfl's on one LA Confidential that I picked up from a local dispensary(medical and legally of course). Its growing in a GH Powergrower. I had been feeding her the GH 3 part formula but I switched to luca's formula about two weeks ago. I just put her into flower today. She is 4 weeks old, and I have been LSTing her. How does she look? She seems to grow every other branch purplish red. I think its just the strain but any thoughts? I run my ph 5.5-6ish. The middle pick the lights were on so thats why theres a yellow tint. All my leaves are dark green.

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      154.5 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      164.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      149.3 KB
      Views:
  2. You guys are lame, 27 views and no one has any thoughts? Here are some more pics. When using Lucas formula do you change anything once you go into bloom or does it stay the same?

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      154.9 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      152.2 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      155.6 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      144.8 KB
      Views:
  3. shes looking good bro, im growing a few l.a confidentials from seed myself. out of the first 3 1 of them were female, she's about 30 days into flowering.

the purplish red part is ur nodes are just developing a major root system, it's probably cause u lsted your plants, it always happens when u top, etc.

goodluck

4. Stalks look pretty spindly. Is there a fan on them?

Also try adding silica blast to your nutrient solution. It makes a world of difference in stalk strength.

Having too weak of stalks will cause problems during flower as the branches won't be able to support the bud.

edit: also those red stalks can signal a P or K deficiency. What is this lucas nutrient solution? If you don't switch between veg/flower it's a terrible nutrient for cannabis.

5. #5 trixman22, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
    The stalks are actually pretty fat, the LST has made more stalks pop up that are a little weak right now but give them a week and they will be solid. Lucas formula is 5ml GH Micro and 10ml GH Bloom(for cfls at least. 8 and 16 for Hids). I was using the 3 part GH but I was getting too much of a slat build up from the Grow, so I switched to Lucas formula because it cuts out the grow and my slat build up problem has gone away. I don't think the purple stems is from a deficiency because my PH is spot on 5.5-5.8 and Lucas provides all the macro and micro nutes. I also add a few drops of super thrive. How much strech should I expect from switching to 12/12 lighting? Today is day 2 of flower and all seems well.:)

P.S. Lucas formula is specifically for cannabis so I don't see how its terrible for them.

6. I had no idea what it was, just saying that if veg/flower are supposed to be the same nutes (in the same amount), it's not good for cannabis. It sounds like that isn't the case with this stuff, so it'll be fine.

It could have been a P def brought on by N toxicity if you were having salt problems. P and N compete for uptake.

7. Good to know.