CFL Growbox / Grow Journal [Pics will be updated regularly!]

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Speedcore, Apr 19, 2009.

1. #1 Speedcore, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
    Well, technically this is my second attempt at growing sense something went terribly wrong with the first try and the seedlings died within a week.

So here I am again with upgraded materials!

I will be the first to admit this is a "ghetto grow" and I will also admit I do not have every single thing a grower should have in there arsenal to do the perfect grow. Sadly, I do not have to much money so I cannot make my dream growing area.

The grow box is a medium sized container in my closet. I will have a larger box prepared within the week that its to large for this one.

Here is the info on the box.

Lighting -

4 CFL Light Bulbs (42w)(42w)(26w)(26w)
    [The 13w bulbs are on top and 26w bulbs are the ones you seen on the side of the box]

Reflective Surface -

Reynolds Rap Aluminum Foil

I know you are not supposed to use tinfoil because of hot spots but, I could not find mylar at all.

Temperature -

The temp in the box stays in the range of 75-85 (It rarely goes past 80)

Potting -

I am currently using party cups with holes in the bottom because, I like the fact all you do is cut them open to transplant into a bigger pot.

Soil -

Scott's Premium top soil which has peat moss.

Air and ventilation -

I have a oscilating fan on 24/7 keeping the lights cool and to have everything stay at a more controlled temp.

As for ventilation I just leave my closet door open and leave the window in the room open haha. (No light does not hit the window either)

(It's not the best choice I know but I wanted something that did not have chemical crap in it and I do plan on going into the city to get some of that Fox Farm soil to transplant the plants later on in there life if they live long enough haha)

Ok, enough talking here is those pictures of the box.

(By the way I do not leave the lid on just for circulation purposes)

I currently have 3 cups in the box with 1 seedling up, and I have 2 more seeds germinating. I am only germinating more because I have a feeling these 2 that are not coming up will not make it.

Well, that is about it I am going to post all my progress as much possible and I hope you guys can give me some tips along the way.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Speedcore, Apr 19, 2009
    I left my plant unattended about an inch away from the bulb and when I woke up it grew to close and part of the leaf got burnt :mad:

Here is the pics......

This plant is about 4 days old.

Question: Will that burn go away sense its so tiny or is it gonna be on that leaf for some time?

Attached Files:

3. Eventually that leaf will be insignificant with all the other full size ones that will eventually grow:wave:!

Loose the aluminum - just go to a Sports Authority or a Surplus store and buy an emergency blanket - it is mylar just thinner and cheaper - prolly $2 - $5!

4. Sorry have not been here to much this week was smoking a lot more then normal.

Anyways I have 2 plants up and growing and I am most likely going to stay at 2 plants for now.

The largest plant is about a week and a half old maybe less.
    The smaller plant is about 1 week.

Anyways the largest one is getting some serious burn problems it looks like and when I checked out the most burnt area the area of leaf cracked.

I am thinking this is because of the aluminum foil?

If so I am going to remove it from the box and wait to get mylar?

Attached Files:

5. #5 Speedcore, May 10, 2009
    Alright I am back with some updates on those 2 plants I had going!

Also, I took the aluminum out and I will update the pics of my growbox it has been updated some.

Now I have 4 cfl bulbs with the stats of - (42w)(42w)(26w)(26w)

The bushier plant is 3 weeks and the one that looks a little stretched is 2 weeks.

attached some pics of them
    So be sure to comment.

Attached Files:

6. You're getting the hang of it! Keep it up, my man!:wave:

7. Thanks!

Love your grow and setup dude.